My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No way! Dey ded.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Technically they can activate his return from the IR; which could be up to a 3 week process; before actually adding him to the active roster. So; he could start practicing this week but not actually be activated for 3 weeks

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Given the way the line is taught to play, I have no presumption of thinking Borom or Jenkins will make any difference, and that is not an indictment of either.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Given the way the line is taught to play, I have no presumption of thinking Borom or Jenkins will make any difference, and that is not an indictment of either.

But at least we can start evaluating for next season

46plank

Liked Posts:
As long as they are as good Sewell, we are fine?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was never about this season unless it was about replacing Nagy

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's got a point about not recognizing the blitz. We all see it almost every game...sometimes multiple times a game.

example. the first blitz, was supposed to be picked up by Herbet. Was not. Dont see how you expect him to take a fake handoff right and come back left to block a blitzer but whatever

Peters got beat as well so recognizing that blitz would have done nothing

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
We just need to get them both some good reps so the team can have a better idea on how to approach next season, which means get rid of everyone except Borom and Jenkins.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
example. the first blitz, was supposed to be picked up by Herbet. Was not. Dont see how you expect him to take a fake handoff right and come back left to block a blitzer but whatever

Yeah, people keep mentioning Herbert. No way in hell can you expect Herbert to pick up that blitz after taking a fake handoff to the right. That is a communication breakdown between Peters and Whitehair. Now with experience, Fields may run into this situation in the future and have his RB slide over to the left (but again that will come with experience).

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Meatball takes from that play are about not taking sacks and not seeing the blitz. People just telling us how stupid they are.

Anyone with eyes can see that play was doomed from the start. The entire play design was shit, and that's on Nagy. What a surprise.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's got a point about not recognizing the blitz. We all see it almost every game...sometimes multiple times a game.

Yea, except he clearly doesn't watch the games. Can't blame him since there are like 13 a week.

On a lot of the plays you want fields to "recognize the blitz" he has no outlet or, like in the instance of the 2nd play of the game, he only had 2 receiver options and both were running 12 yard curls. He was sacked before they even got into their breaks.

This is very much a scheme issue. Is fields allowed to audible? Doubtful, since we haven't seen it once, so I'm not sure how you want him to see the blitz coming.

Nagy and co are seriously, at this point, just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Meatball takes from that play are about not taking sacks and not seeing the blitz. People just telling us how stupid they are.

Anyone with eyes can see that play was doomed from the start. The entire play design was shit, and that's on Nagy. What a surprise.

I posted a stat earlier that the bears break the 50% pressure threshold at 3.8 seconds, a full half second earlier than the nfl average of 4.3.

You aren't going to have a lot of success in the nfl nowadays if you are seeing pressure 21% of the time before 3 seconds. No bueno.