Day Interested in Bears?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Y’all please stop with the McDaniel’s bullshit. He was terrible in Denver and bullshited Indy. His track record as a HC was drafting Tim Tebow( yes he wanted Tebow), destroying his roster by trading all his good players away, starting hot then ending his first season with a wet fart. He then does the next season prompting Denver to give him the boot.

So that was his first stint, then he decides to dick over Indy?? And folks want this man??
This Josh McDaniels love affair makes no sense to me either. I'd rather tale Lovie Smith again than to deal with McDaniels

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly believe that pro HC is a less demanding gig than a top college HC. All that recruiting and turnover has to be a burden. Top level pressure seems similar as well.
Nick Saban disagrees

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nick Saban disagrees
It had to do with desire to move to the pros, not coaching ability but keep em coming. I mean, you're just being obstinate here. Not the point at all but not like a college coach has never had great success in the pros so the point is just some nonsensical dig for a reason I'm completely unaware of.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It had to do with desire to move to the pros, not coaching ability but keep em coming. I mean, you're just being obstinate here. Not the point at all but not like a college coach has never had great success in the pros so the point is just some nonsensical dig for a reason I'm completely unaware of.:rolleyes:
they are few and far between, Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll are the last 2 that I can think of

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they are few and far between, Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll are the last 2 that I can think of
Well then it's good I would prefer pro experience as well. The only thing I've stated as a desire in this thread is no McDaniels and yes to Payton. Not sure what you're on about. Because i said day would be a viable candidate for the Bear to consider and that the the burden of coaching in the NFL is not greater than a top college program. He would not be one of my top choices.

It's a tough nut to crack. Being a great asst doesn't make you a great HC and having HC experience usually means you've had a fail elsewhere. Would be awesome if the Bear could pry away someone like Payton.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not trying to be obsinate, just wondering after the Nagy hire, if the bears FO will be willing to give Pace a blank check to hire Day, because IMHO that's what it will take to pry him away from Columbus

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not trying to be obsinate, just wondering after the Nagy hire, if the bears FO will be willing to give Pace a blank check to hire Day, because IMHO that's what it will take to pry him away from Columbus
I don't think cash will be the issue if convinced but it would be a lot for something that unproven so the convinced part is doubtful. Really a drop in the bucket for a team with a $200m player payroll.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Whatever the above rumors are, I still think that Day is a good choice if the Bears decide to go for it.
Bears want a guy that won't get in their way of big decisions. They just drafted their second 1st round QB in 4 years and want some return on investment. They know that Day can coach Fields. Sure the speed of the NFL is different but he knows how to work with Fields in ways that made him be consistent and will know where to tweak things.

Bears cant afford to get another guy that can "hopefully" make Fields and the offense shine. They suck at hiring and I feel they will do it again.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy is a flash in the pan - Just like Nagy- Very little experience on his resume

Oh great he was a HC on a team that basically paid players to be there and overwhelmed the talent in the Big 10

BIG PASS

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would he come and work for a GM who is on his 9th life and is a mediocre start to the season away from people chanting for him to be fired?
We know a little bit more now.

It's entirely possible he will be out at Ohio State anyway as sanctions come down, and it's looking more and more like he will not be under a GM who is on his ninth life, but instead a brand new GM

If this thing has any legs that is.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
We know a little bit more now.

It's entirely possible he will be out at Ohio State anyway as sanctions come down, and it's looking more and more like he will not be under a GM who is on his ninth life, but instead a brand new GM

If this thing has any legs that is.
We don't know any of what you are saying. That was shared by a spam account. Right up your alley for rumors