Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again
One coach know how to put his QB in the best position to succeed and the other doesn’t.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL! I absolutely love this stupid shit. To all of you who in this thread that are saying that's why he dropped in the draft, why isn't it you were saying that the whole time, like right after the draft well before the offense was performing poorly?? Because you fucking didn't, so please don't fucking lie and say you did.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well Cam Newton was a total bust playing for New England so I think the QB must mean something.
Do you really think Jones wouldn't get destroyed here? Please tell me you're not stupid enough to believe that.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
for me it is.. hoping this team crashes and burns this year so we can get a new GM/HC I feel would be the best option, If fields lights it up next year with a new HC then that would be the icing on the cake..

Well that makes you a damn idiot.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well that makes you a damn idiot.
so me hopping fields lights it up next year after Pace and Nagy are gone is being an idiot?

you hoping Fields plays good enough to save pace or nagy makes you a "damn idiot" so are you a Pace apologist or Nagy apologist or both?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Way to be an idiot and dodge the question. So how many QB's have flourished in Nagy's great system? Care to tell us, or are you gonna dodge with another idiotic comment??
LOL. He was talking about Bill B if I remember correctly. None, if you’re talking about Nagy.

you seriously need to calm down.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Even if we had Rodgers he would perform same as Fields with Nagy . It's Nagy

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks, we are 5 quarterbacks in in this system. Where have the fireworks been? How long before they find the right QB?
It's been 4 years.

Mitch Trubisky
Chase Daniel
Nike Foles
Andy Dalton
Justin Fields
???????? Who's next and will be be surprised when the offense doesn't take off?

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
This quote is the biggest takeaway I got from this article: " My study of Nagy’s “offense” makes me understand why I think Nagy has preferred Dalton all along. Nagy isn’t from the Reid tree, no matter how many bites he had from the apple. With his late-developing intermediate and vertical stuff, and cavalcade of meaningless sit and stop routes (somehow, he has created a Scott Linehan/Mike McCarthy Frankenstein on purpose), Nagy wants a caretaker at quarterback. He does not want an improviser. He wants someone who will carry out what he believes is a brilliant plan without thinking outside that box. And he certainly does not seem comfortable in designing a game plan for a quarterback of Fields’ impressive athleticism and (at this time) limited quarterback palette."

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
so me hopping fields lights it up next year after Pace and Nagy are gone is being an idiot?

you hoping Fields plays good enough to save pace or nagy makes you a "damn idiot" so are you a Pace apologist or Nagy apologist or both?

Not what you are implying. You are implying you hope fields is a bust in order to get Pace and Nagy fired, and just now you changed your tune.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again
Do you think Jones would be doing better than Fields if he was a Bear in the same circumstances?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Not what you are implying. You are implying you hope fields is a bust in order to get Pace and Nagy fired, and just now you changed your tune.
I didn't change any tune I said..

" If fields lights it up next year with a new HC then that would be the icing on the cake.."

How is that hoping for him to be a bust? That's hoping that pace and Nagy are gone, and if he bounces back with a new head coach then that's even better..

Did you not read the rest of my post or something?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Do you think Jones would be doing better than Fields if he was a Bear in the same circumstances?
Probably, I mean he seems to be a dink and dunk QB so getting the ball out quick is a better option with a bad OL vs a guy who holds onto the ball to long..

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
As i said, you need a solid OL before bothering with a QB. OL last longer and have a longer duration in the league. Look at our LT. Teams that are good, pretty much always drafting OL and not in rounds 3-7.

Need to work on this line bfore you can evaluate any QB drafted - Fields or Trubs. Both have, or had, the same issue right now that the OL was the low priority when it should have been significantly higher.

The offensive line isn't great.

The play-calling isn't great.

Fields is still a rookie.

All of that is true, but enough with the excuses...Fields hasn't been good. Some of it, at least, is on him. He needs to put on his big-boy pants and start playing better, and quit worrying about his situation not being ideal.

He still has time...I hope he makes the most of it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the blitzing problem is feeding on itself. Generally the offensive line is playing okay, like a C-, and Fields is holding the ball too long and has bad pocket awareness. This is the starting point.

Things get worse when the defense blitzes. Blitzing is obviously a risk/reward thing otherwise defenses would blitz every down. Well when the Bears can't read a blitz coming and/or don't have a counter to the blitz, then there is no risk to the defense to blitz more often.

So until the Bears learn to read and counter the blitz this situation will continue and possibly worsen.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Probably, I mean he seems to be a dink and dunk QB so getting the ball out quick is a better option with a bad OL vs a guy who holds onto the ball to long..
Do you think this staff would run a quick dink and dunk offense to play to Mac Jones skillset?