Do Justin Fields' fumbles concern you?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He's played in 5.5 games and has 6 fumbles. He's been sacked 22 times.

The ball is going on the ground a little more than 25% of the time.

At this point, he knows his line cannot be trusted - maybe protect that ball a little better going forward?
yes I'm concerned, I'm concerned with everything about with Fields play. Although I'm concerned about pretty much everything with the Bears at this point..

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I promised that I wanted to give Fields five consecutive starts before I said much one way or the other, so now I feel free to roast him where he needs to be roasted.

Yes the OL is pretty dismal at times, but Fields is making them look worse. It's the same indecisiveness that spelled doom for Trubisky.

Good news is that it's only five starts in and it's a lot of issues you expect from a rookie quarterback.
Yeah, I'm still waiting a few more games. With Justin playing one half against the Bengals he'll play exactly one half of the season( 8.5 games) after the Steelers game in 2 weeks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We all expected him to make mistakes but I personally didn't expect an excuse for every mistake he makes

He's getting a pass because we saw the same shit with Mitch and tore him apart for it. Fields is a much better prospect than mitch and looks just as lost as mitch.

Bears fans are learning it starts at the top. Don't blame the QB, blame the guy who build the team around the QB.

God bless, in my lifetime I never thought I'd see GarPax step down, hopefully sweaty teddy and pace do the same.

I've supported pace in the past but this is the 3rd year in a row he's neglected the oline by hoping and praying random scrubs or rookies improve.

greg23

Liked Posts:
His coaching sucks
His system sucks
His oline sucks
His weapons are blah

That said...he hasn't been very good and all the pre draft concerns are exposed despite most wanting to ignore because he's a rookie and good behind the mic about working hard

Slow decision making
Questionable pocket presence/recognition
Waiting for receivers to get open
Long delivery
Smallish hands possibly leading to fumbling issues

He can get better but needs alot of work and currently has the wrong support system.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have no concerns about Fields at all. He is the greatest QB ever and anything bad is Nagys fault.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was told learning from the bench is limited and you have to get reps.

...that was after Dalton week 1
I'm in the camp that playing Fields is better than sitting him for a couple reasons.

1. There is no better way to learn than being thrown into the fire.
2. The quicker the Bears find out who Fields is in the NFL the better.

Personally, despite ugly games, the experience Fields gets this year should be invaluable to his development. He will have tape of his own games to go off of next season (much better than watching Dalton tape). It's up to Fields if he can learn from it. And on my 2nd point, the Bears can't afford to tie themselves to another guy for 5 years (Trubisky) if he is a bust. You play him as much as possible and after the 2022 season (almost two seasons of starts) Bears FO should have a large enough sample size as to what kind of player Fields will be (Bust, average QB, Franchise guy). If he grades out poorly, time to find out a plan B.

**way to early in his career to make this determination yet. Also, Nagy needs to go. It's impossible to evaluate anyone in this offense

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Do Justin Fields' fumbles concern you?​

I predicted if JF wasn't winning right away.........

Why I don't want Fields to start day 1.........#1

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm still waiting a few more games. With Justin playing one half against the Bengals he'll play exactly one half of the season( 8.5 games) after the Steelers game in 2 weeks.

IIRC, the Bye week is after the Steelers...so that would be a good time to give Fields an early report card.

He's certainly already showing more physical talent than Trubisky ever showed me his rookie year in only five starts. Now get his head up to speed and the Bears may just finally have the QB of their dreams.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Daniel Jeremiah just mentioned the bears do almost no presnap motions to make reads easier for him. He also mentioned his numbers are great out of play action and bad otherwise and that they should be running more play action.

He also did mention he is processing slow at times and predetermining some throws.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of the talking heads made a good point today on one of the cable sports shows.

Paraphrasing...He said that in the past, most rookie QB's go through what Fields is going through..But when we saw a guy like Mahomes come out and not have these problems, we all started to think that all rookies should play like he did.

In essence, fans got spoiled

Mahomes sat for a year so that is a silly comparison Herbert is the better one.

If the pass rusher doesn't get thru, problem fixed

No it doesnt fix the problem. It only covers it up.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
We have to keep in mind Mahomes had a yr to sit and learn.

Also have to keep in mind:
  • Mahomes got drafted into a ready made playoff team with an above average O-Line and weapons galore
  • He got to sit behind, what many analysts will tell you, one of the smarter QB's to play in Alex Smith.
  • He had Andy Reid as his coach
    • Spare me (not not pointint at you, just saying some Nagy Fan boys will remind you Nagy was with the Chiefs then) the Nagy was the OC bs. Andy Reid runs that offense, plain and simple.
Mahomes is the anomoly of almost everyone not named Tom Brady. He literally came into the greatest situation ever. Had we drafted Mahomes, we would have still pulled the same shit and probably are bitching at this point that Mahomes would be a bust.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew this response was coming, and it's fair, but I'm starting to get this Rex Grossman feeling about his fumbles...like when he does get hit, there's a good chance the ball is coming out.

And you factor in the bad snaps...I'm seeing the ball on the ground an awful lot.
Rex made it to the SB so shut the fuck up. Fields will be a great QB and you will still be less than a loser. Your avatar is perfect for a creepy child molester.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He's played in 5.5 games and has 6 fumbles. He's been sacked 22 times.

The ball is going on the ground a little more than 25% of the time.

At this point, he knows his line cannot be trusted - maybe protect that ball a little better going forward?
Its a fair question. Am i concerned? Yes. But im more concerned he has to deal with incompetence for 11 more games and im just hoping he doesnt suffer any serious injury.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
One of the talking heads made a good point today on one of the cable sports shows.

Paraphrasing...He said that in the past, most rookie QB's go through what Fields is going through..But when we saw a guy like Mahomes come out and not have these problems, we all started to think that all rookies should play like he did.

In essence, fans got spoiled
Mahomes is kinda having these problems right now tbh. And yeah, Fields' pocket awareness is what is concerning to me more than anything.