Finally saw the Cardinals game..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  • Obviously the offensive coaching staff isn't getting the team prepared to be successful in NFL games. There simply aren't any excuses for consistently fielding the worst offense in the NFL year-after-year
  • Man what a sloppy game for the Bears offense. The Bears' offense just looks like this was the Covid year where there was no pre-season and the team hasn't practiced together. If I am Justin Fields this offseason, I am doing everything I can to get Bears receivers to go somewhere and throw patterns
  • Bears receivers did Dalton no favors whatsoever with so many critical drops. There's not a single Bears receiver who didn't have a major drop they should have caught. Yes, I know it was raining, but man, every drop you have could be the play that keeps a drive going or scores.
  • Dalton wasn't as bad as the 4 interception stat would indicate. He had some excellent throws, many who were drops.
  • One of the things that makes the Bears so frustrating to watch as a Bears fan are the number of "splash" plays that the Bears make, mostly on defense, but occasionally on offense as well (like that 4th quarter TD from Dalton to Grant)
  • I'm pretty hopeful about the offensive line next year.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Way too many of the pass plays are predicated on someone that is pass rushing being faked out and if the fake doesn’t work the play turns into disaster. That shit works in high school and college. It’s good when a D player isn’t being disciplined and over aggressive, but dudes at this level are way to disciplined and watch a ton of film.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
  • Obviously the offensive coaching staff isn't getting the team prepared to be successful in NFL games. There simply aren't any excuses for consistently fielding the worst offense in the NFL year-after-year
  • Man what a sloppy game for the Bears offense. The Bears' offense just looks like this was the Covid year where there was no pre-season and the team hasn't practiced together. If I am Justin Fields this offseason, I am doing everything I can to get Bears receivers to go somewhere and throw patterns
  • Bears receivers did Dalton no favors whatsoever with so many critical drops. There's not a single Bears receiver who didn't have a major drop they should have caught. Yes, I know it was raining, but man, every drop you have could be the play that keeps a drive going or scores.
  • Dalton wasn't as bad as the 4 interception stat would indicate. He had some excellent throws, many who were drops.
  • One of the things that makes the Bears so frustrating to watch as a Bears fan are the number of "splash" plays that the Bears make, mostly on defense, but occasionally on offense as well (like that 4th quarter TD from Dalton to Grant)
Great summary.

I felt the same about the offensive line. Generally speaking, they weren't a focus of the game. Outside of Borom being ineligible down field, their names didn't come up much. That's good and kinda rare for the Bears.

Bust

Liked Posts:
They all sucked but Cole Kmet said it best "I felt like my drop set the tone for the rest of the game . . ." 1st and goal inside the 10 or 77 yards going the other way.

Ugh

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great summary.

I felt the same about the offensive line. Generally speaking, they weren't a focus of the game. Outside of Borom being ineligible down field, their names didn't come up much. That's good and kinda rare for the Bears.
Mustipher literally fumbled a snap he never snapped then proceeded to recover it and run with it. He was also routinely abused and pushed back in the QBs lap, he sucks.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Mustipher literally fumbled a snap he never snapped then proceeded to recover it and run with it. He was also routinely abused and pushed back in the QBs lap, he sucks.
Yeah he does suck. But overall I thought it was better than pervious games and don't need it to excuse Dalton's shitty play.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
All good thoughts. I disagree on Dalton though, at least 2 of those throws are INTs and he was off the mark yesterday.

I also agree that the arrow is pointing up on the OL. They are straight making holes in the run game.A more experienced Fields, the addition of a free agent WR and competent coaching could easily have this offense significantly improved next season.

napo55

Liked Posts:

I think you overlook the Bears third rate roster. The team simply lacks talent at key positions, including wide receiver, defensive backfield, among many others. They just can't consistently compete with deeper and more talented teams.

So blaming it all on coacing (which has not been good) is a big mistake.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Great summary.

Hi there, Mrs. Dalton.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
  • .....If I am Justin Fields this offseason, I am doing everything I can to get Bears receivers to go somewhere and throw patterns

Just a couple points to those comments.

You mean Justin can get together with the receiver. You only have Mooney under contract, so yeah maybe they can get together to play some catch.

Also, when talking about the OL under contract is Broom, the unseen Jenkins and Whitehair. That's it. So, not sure how you can be excited about Jenkins, who we haven't see, Whitehair, who unfortunately we have seen and of course Borom, who looks pretty promising.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great summary.

Oh so why was Dalton as bad as your posts?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Two of Dalton's interceptions were just classic awful Dalton. The first pass of the game was totally unacceptable accuracy on a short throw with no pressure. The last INT was classic Dalton, just threw it right to a DL. The second was obviously Kmet's fault, the third was a mix.

That said he is what he's always been, very inconsistent. He also made some great throws and the pass catchers were awful. The throw to Adams was great, the TD to Grant was great. But Dalton is what he's always been.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two of Dalton's interceptions were just classic awful Dalton. The first pass of the game was totally unacceptable accuracy on a short throw with no pressure. The last INT was classic Dalton, just threw it right to a DL. The second was obviously Kmet's fault, the third was a mix.

That said he is what he's always been, very inconsistent. He also made some great throws and the pass catchers were awful. The throw to Adams was great, the TD to Grant was great. But Dalton is what he's always been.
A solid back up in the NFL.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, I mostly agree. That first pass wasn't terribly accurate, but it was nevertheless something that should probably have been caught (it would probably help if the receiver crossing the middle wasn't 5'6). Dalton certainly isn't the answer long-term. I still believe that Fields could be, which doesn't mean he can't improve in some areas:

1. He takes too long to make decisions.
2. His balls can be a little bit high at times
3. He takes hits that his body will not hold up to over time

Some people called these out in the pre-season, and those people were proven correct. That doesn't mean he's going to always make those decisions and won't get better though. Barring no injury, I believe this dude is going to absolutely light-it-up in the NFL one day, because he has all the tools, including the will (especially the will), to succeed.

On somewhat of a tangent, we've now seen a few QBs start in Nagy's system, and the QBs which occasionally perform the best are usually the ones who are experienced enough to audible out of the *@*!! he calls. Remember Foles last year when he was seen on the sidelines making that "keep it rolling" gesture? This was around the time when Foles (finally) got some drives going (after more offense stagnation) because he'd been calling audibles and overriding Neggy. Also remember Trubisky caught on camera subtly shaking his head on the sidelines when he heard a play called for Foles that he knew wasn't going to work. These were all warnings (and there were a lot more of them, but some folks, like myself, believed in Neggy for far too long because I believed he was a great motivator).

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I mostly agree. That first pass wasn't terribly accurate, but it was nevertheless something that should probably have been caught (it would probably help if the receiver crossing the middle wasn't 5'6). Dalton certainly isn't the answer long-term. I still believe that Fields could be, which doesn't mean he can't improve in some areas:

1. He takes too long to make decisions.
2. His balls can be a little bit high at times
3. He takes hits that his body will not hold up to over time

Some people called these out in the pre-season, and those people were proven correct. That doesn't mean he's going to always make those decisions and won't get better though. Barring no injury, I believe this dude is going to absolutely light-it-up in the NFL one day, because he has all the tools, including the will (especially the will), to succeed.

On somewhat of a tangent, we've now seen a few QBs start in Nagy's system, and the QBs which occasionally perform the best are usually the ones who are experienced enough to audible out of the *@*!! he calls. Remember Foles last year when he was seen on the sidelines making that "keep it rolling" gesture? This was around the time when Foles (finally) got some drives going (after more offense stagnation) because he'd been calling audibles and overriding Neggy. Also remember Trubisky caught on camera subtly shaking his head on the sidelines when he heard a play called for Foles that he knew wasn't going to work. These were all warnings (and there were a lot more of them, but some folks, like myself, believed in Neggy for far too long because I believed he was a great motivator).
Good post, I mostly agree. But that first pass was not going to be caught. High, behind him, and way too hard in the rain. He missed his spot by at least two yard on a ball that probably traveled eight yards in the air.

Fields is definitely a work in progress.