George McCaskey vs the Packers

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
As I posted a while back. When Virginia won the lottery, the Bears held a substantial head to head lead on GB. Since then, not only has that lead vanished, but it has gone in the complete opposite direction. That woman is the reason for this, not her husband, not her son's, but her. She was in her early 60's when she won the lottery, so she was more than capable to make decisions that were best for the franchise. Instead she wanted her kiddies to run the show.

What you will see on Sunday night is all on her, no one else. End of story.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
As I posted a while back. When Virginia won the lottery, the Bears held a substantial head to head lead on GB. Since then, not only has that lead vanished, but it has gone in the complete opposite direction. That woman is the reason for this, not her husband, not her son's, but her. She was in her early 60's when she won the lottery, so she was more than capable to make decisions that were best for the franchise. Instead she wanted her kiddies to run the show.

Silly. We have consistently missed at the QB spot. GB has not. This old broad never made a single draft pick.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
People like him (the guy you responded to) are why the Bears ownership can continue to thrive for the past 4 decades and be nothing more than doormats and schedule fillers.
I don't think I'm why. I never spent a penny on the Bears. Bad luck at drafting a QB is the only reason and only factor. But sure blame whatever you need to. Feelings over facts now a days right.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

Eh, sounds like fortune cookie wisdom to me.

Virgina McCaskey has about as much input on football decisions as me and you.

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
I don't think I'm why. I never spent a penny on the Bears. Bad luck at drafting a QB is the only reason and only factor. But sure blame whatever you need to. Feelings over facts now a days right.
Have the bears had bad luck drafting quarterbacks? Fuck yes.
But the bears refuse to cut their losses in a timely fashion, and that is the big factor for the past 15 years.
The Grossman and Orton experiment went on too long. Long past what any other front office would have tolerated.

They should have brought in real competition at the position in 2008 instead of giving the 2 idiots an extra year to fail.

When managements heads were finally extracted from their asses and they brought in Jay, it was a solid move and a great try to get the position settled.
But his meltdowns could not be overcome.
Fine.. get rid of him and move on.... but thatbwasnt bears style.
They extended his sorry ass and burned several more years on a loser until the defensive window closed.

I firmly believe that moving on from Grossman and Orton before the 2008 season, and being decisive with players instead of giving them tenure would have led to a bears championship at some point between 08 and 2013.

I don't know if it was the coaches not pushing management for upgrades or if management refused to entertain eating contracts and taking more swings, but for the last 15 years the bears have clung to players that were absolutely unqualified far longer than any other team would have.

2008 was a no brainer time to change. So was 2014, when they decided to extend Cutler through 20 freaking 20.

Something is catastrophically broken in the personnel decision making process between coaches and management.

Bad luck drafting happens. But it isnt often you see a team other than the bears cling to a failure for so long.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Eh, sounds like fortune cookie wisdom to me.

Virgina McCaskey has about as much input on football decisions as me and you.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. I don't think I said anything like "fat lady who sits on small stool has big hangover"

If you give your 10 yr old son the okay to run a table saw and he cuts off his finger, who's responsible?

She gave her son's the responsibility to run an NFL franchise, they failed, the franchise has failed, that fault falls directly on her because of that.

It indirectly relates to making all the bad football decisions that have went on with this franchise since she took over.. But if you feel she's innocent in all of this be my guest.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Silly. We have consistently missed at the QB spot. GB has not. This old broad never made a single draft pick.
When you are the top dog (Virginia), and you put incompetent people is position to make decissions (Ed, Michael, George), and those people fail, it's your (Virginia's) fault. The failures of this team at drafting is because she wants her family to run the franchise, and they don't know how to run a NFL franchise. After almost 4 decades of owning an NFL franchise they have not built any network within the business they are in, case in point, in order to hire a GM they have to hire consulting firms, or old boy Ernie, you'd like to think that after 40 years they might know someone.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. I don't think I said anything like "fat lady who sits on small stool has big hangover"

If you give your 10 yr old son the okay to run a table saw and he cuts off his finger, who's responsible?

She gave her son's the responsibility to run an NFL franchise, they failed, the franchise has failed, that fault falls directly on her because of that.

It indirectly relates to making all the bad football decisions that have went on with this franchise since she took over.. But if you feel she's innocent in all of this be my guest.

Except her son is a grown man, not a ten year old with a saw lol. Fairly certain that George doesn't go to Virgina asking who the next head coach should be.

Bust

Liked Posts:
As I posted a while back. When Virginia won the lottery, the Bears held a substantial head to head lead on GB. Since then, not only has that lead vanished, but it has gone in the complete opposite direction.

Brett Favre + Rodgers > 35 different starting bear qb's

WOW!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!