Giants hire Joe Schoen (pronounced Shane, but we don't care because it's the Giants)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I don't know if he's taking Daboll with him.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it’s safe to assume Daboll will be his HC. Probably the main reason Giants hired him.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't know if he's taking Daboll with him.
This is just boiler plate BS because they have to interview a minority and they need to make it look like minorities had a shot at getting the job.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is just boiler plate BS because they have to interview a minority and they need to make it look like minorities had a shot at getting the job.
I think that if he has a specific guy he wants and is associated with, like Daboll, he won't need to do that unless he interviews others.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Most qualified candidate next to Dodds. Just like with a HC it is always a crapshoot if they will pan out, but I think they selected the best candidate.

With the top 2 most qualified candidates off the list, the Bears are going to have to work very hard to get this hire right.

dignan

Liked Posts:
It's really depressing to be a Bears fan. Shoen/Daboll would've been something to get excited about but it sounds like we'll most likely end up with Brown/Eberflus pairing. The Colts aren't some great organization that's on the cusp of greatness like the Bills are. Nothing special IMO.

If you told me that we'd come out of the Pace/Nagy debacle with a worse defense (switch to 4-3) and running the same offense I wouldn't have believed it but here we are.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It's really depressing to be a Bears fan. Shoen/Daboll would've been something to get excited about but it sounds like we'll most likely end up with Brown/Eberflus pairing. The Colts aren't some great organization that's on the cusp of greatness like the Bills are. Nothing special IMO.

If you told me that we'd come out of the Pace/Nagy debacle with a worse defense (switch to 4-3) and running the same offense I wouldn't have believed it but here we are.
Pretty dramatic

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's really depressing to be a Bears fan. Shoen/Daboll would've been something to get excited about but it sounds like we'll most likely end up with Brown/Eberflus pairing.
I'm still holding out hope for Leslie Frazier. ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He'll hire Flores then package the picks to get his boy Watson.

It is fascinating to see, but yeah, suddenly there are rumblings of the Giants going after Flores. And that pick bundle could get the job done.

Honestly, I could see the Giants AND the Texans becoming train wrecks post trade.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Hey, he at least had a winning record with the Lions, which is an accomplishment.

Honestly, I just don't want Bowles or Frasier. If we avoid those 2, I'll be patient and wait to see how anyone else does....
You said a complete restructure was happening and the best candidates would be lining up to work with Fields.

What happened?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You said a complete restructure was happening and the best candidates would be lining up to work with Fields.

What happened?

Name me these best candidates who are interviewing elsewhere and not the Bears.

From an excitement level, its a very boring group of candidates across the whole of the NFL, sans maybe Daboll.

But from a qualifications level, again, who has turned the Bears down but gone to interview elsewhere? I really haven't seen that. Only thing I did see is Dodds turn them down after bombing his interview, and you can't even hang that one on the Bears because he did the same thing last year to Carolina, and I believe to Cleveland the year before, so he has a track record of being a pussy who doesn't like to be told "Thanks for the interview, but no thanks".

So again - of the coaching pool that is out there and getting interviews right now, who exactly is turning down the Bears?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Our only hope is Virginia busts in the room drops her massive purse full of cash on the table and says “stop this bullshit and get Jim on the phone!” “Caldwell?” Asks Polian. “No!” Screams Virginia “Harbaugh, and get your fucking feet off my desk!”

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Name me these best candidates who are interviewing elsewhere and not the Bears.

From an excitement level, its a very boring group of candidates across the whole of the NFL, sans maybe Daboll.

But from a qualifications level, again, who has turned the Bears down but gone to interview elsewhere? I really haven't seen that. Only thing I did see is Dodds turn them down after bombing his interview, and you can't even hang that one on the Bears because he did the same thing last year to Carolina, and I believe to Cleveland the year before, so he has a track record of being a pussy who doesn't like to be told "Thanks for the interview, but no thanks".

So again - of the coaching pool that is out there and getting interviews right now, who exactly is turning down the Bears?
What happened with the Pederson interview?

Did he decline to commit to the Bears?

Why not invite McDaniels? Just because other teams haven't doesn't mean we can't.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
What happened with the Pederson interview?

Did he decline to commit to the Bears?

Why not invite McDaniels? Just because other teams haven't doesn't mean we can't.
I don’t think McDaniels wants to coach elsewhere. Honestly, I think there’s a handshake agreement that he’ll be the next HC for the Patriots. I think that’s why he pulled out all those years ago and why he’s not picking up calls now.