2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah that's also quite odd, though as I remember the Bulls were getting stomped on the boards as a whole in the game. I think Vucevic only managed 8 as a usual rebounding machine. Would have to check the stats again to get a clearer idea. For Williams the talent is there, I think he just needs to play with more energy and confidence. Feels like he's too unsure of himself out there.
Bulls absolutely did get stomped on the boards.. but, still feel like he could have grabbed a rebound or two lol.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls absolutely did get stomped on the boards.. but, still feel like he could have grabbed a rebound or two lol.
I agree, was just a bad game from him in that regard. Also passed up an open 3 which was frustrating. Hopefully we can see him play with some more aggression like some of the bench guys, I think that'll open up a lot of things for him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm really impressed with the defense so far. LaVine has even took another step this year. I know he is much taller than Fred VanVleet but he had a really great defensive stop on him late when FVV was cooking.

Lonzo, if he keeps this up, may make all-defensive team this year. I seen shades of Gary Payton last night. Caruso is of course great. I love his energy, it is what we have been missing. I wish Williams had half as much.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm really impressed with the defense so far. LaVine has even took another step this year. I know he is much taller than Fred VanVleet but he had a really great defensive stop on him late when FVV was cooking.

Lonzo, if he keeps this up, may make all-defensive team this year. I seen shades of Gary Payton last night. Caruso is of course great. I love his energy, it is what we have been missing. I wish Williams had half as much.
If we could somehow get PWill to play with as much energy as Caruso or Javonte he'd be everything Scottie Barnes is now

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Splitting hairs but I think he had a good overall game. Not great though but the clutch buckets were big.
He took over and hit clutch shots while the rest of the guys were melting down. They lose the game without his cool demeanor and ability to close. That makes it a good game for me too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I remember watching at the end of the Detroit game maybe (?) they showed him walking over to the bench and kinda holding his thumb and saying something to Billy. He didn't come out, and I think stacy said a quick something, but seemed like no big deal because he came back in and played against the Raptors. I just remember thinking at the time, ohh boy, last thing we need is Zach getting, especially in mop up time. Hope he's ok, seems not serious, but stuff like this can linger.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I remember watching at the end of the Detroit game maybe (?) they showed him walking over to the bench and kinda holding his thumb and saying something to Billy. He didn't come out, and I think stacy said a quick something, but seemed like no big deal because he came back in and played against the Raptors. I just remember thinking at the time, ohh boy, last thing we need is Zach getting, especially in mop up time. Hope he's ok, seems not serious, but stuff like this can linger.
It can definitely linger. Hopefully it heals up nicely and quickly. He’s young still, so hopefully his body heals quick

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It can definitely linger. Hopefully it heals up nicely and quickly. He’s young still, so hopefully his body heals quick
And if it doesn't, I think there is enough alternation options and firepower on this team that you can sit him maybe a game or two and see what happens. More likely later int he season when you have a better idea of what teams are good and which you could maybe rest some vets against.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
And if it doesn't, I think there is enough alternation options and firepower on this team that you can sit him maybe a game or two and see what happens. More likely later int he season when you have a better idea of what teams are good and which you could maybe rest some vets against.
The scary thought is if the thumb needs surgery

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The scary thought is if the thumb needs surgery
At least it's non-shooting hand. And seems to not require immediate surgery, so would be an offseason if anything. Looks like the MRI didn't reveal much. Must be some sort of jam or sprain. I'm most happy about off hand becuase in lingering injuries like this you can often see compensation creep in that leaves can leave a long term effect in a shooting motion.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
At least it's non-shooting hand. And seems to not require immediate surgery, so would be an offseason if anything. Looks like the MRI didn't reveal much. Must be some sort of jam or sprain. I'm most happy about off hand becuase in lingering injuries like this you can often see compensation creep in that leaves can leave a long term effect in a shooting motion.
Zach said it was a grade 1 to 2 sprain.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
New York Knicks (3-1) AT Chicago Bulls (4-0)
i
i

Date: 10/28
Time: 7 p.m. CST
Line: Bulls -1.5

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Zach is good to go. They may opt to sit him out for a couple of weeks.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers