Indiana reportedly going full rebuild. Sabonis is available go get him

Sa-Boner2Chi

Liked Posts:
This would be the time I would be willing to part with Williams but literally for this player only. He takes Williams spot so no need for Williams. I don't see the point in getting a rental vet or anything else. We need rebounding anyway.

Sabonis to Chicago

2022-1s to Indy
White to Indy
Williams to Indy

It is A LOT to give up but if this team is in win-now mode this is a win-now move in my opinion. Plus Saboner is only 25 anyway.

Oh and we have to find away to make his money work for this year. Pretty sure the team has no issues going beyond the cap/tax to retain Lavine if its a championship caliber team. I don't know of a third team of the top of my head to make the money work but find that third team flip them a 2nd for an expiring contract that makes the money work here and get this done.

Sure not having picks for two years will suck, and three counting last year but...LaVine and Saboner are nice building blocks for when Vuc is older and Demar is on his way out

Sa-Boner2Chi

Liked Posts:
Sabonis to the bulls

Bagely, Williams, White and picks to the Pacers

Jones and 2nd rounder to the Kings all works. I say works if this link works because the players work now it comes down to sorting the picks.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

This works too though in a rebuild I dont know if Indiana would be as interested in the other link/trade

Dis too

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Idk if Coby and Williams plus a pick get you an impact player just yet though. More likely when trade deadline hits.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Generally hard to trade an injured player unless receiving team waives the physical.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Williams was healthy then perhaps that trade might interest them.

That said, if Indy is blowing it up perhaps they just say whatever to Williams being injured since this season is lost anyway

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I really like Sabonis. That said, he’s really more of a C than PF in todays game. He’s not a very good defender and will get roasted having to guard quicker PFs on the perimeter. Unlike Indy, we don’t have a great rim protector like Turner to make up for it.

The Bulls would have a ton of talent overall - Zach, DeMar, Vuc, and Sabonis are four all star quality players…but I’m not sure about the overall fit. On talent alone, it could probably work, but I fear that teams will be able to exploit the Vuc/Sabonis front court in the playoffs.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'd view P. Will as a good piece regardless of injury. It's not like it's a knee injury or a back injury or something. It's an injury to his wrist on his non-shooting hand. And he's very young and still a very promising player.

I recall injury concerns for a little trade piece named Zach Lavine when we got him. That talk is not heard these days

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sabonis and Vuce in the same lineup = roasted on defense. But I still say you can't really pass up on a trade like that if the opportunity arises. The Bulls' offense might be top 3 in the NBA with 2 great passing bigs who can hit three's. Plus, they give you 10+ rebounds each.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally like Myles Turner as a better fit alongside Niko Vucevic. At least Turner can defend the pick and roll a little bit. And he's just as good of a three-pt shooter as Sabonis. Only thing is he is not a good rebounder for his size.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I personally like Myles Turner as a better fit alongside Niko Vucevic. At least Turner can defend the pick and roll a little bit. And he's just as good of a three-pt shooter as Sabonis. Only thing is he is not a good rebounder for his size.
He’s a much better 3 pt shooter than Sabonis