Interview process

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you announce finalists before you’ve interviewed everyone?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Yes, it's fine and a normal practice. When you are interviewing at exec levels there is no standard playbook. It gets pretty cutthroat, and there are usually egos at that level. Showing them love is a good thing and they aren't afraid of competition.

I appreciate you taking this to it's own thread.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it's fine and a normal practice. When you are interviewing at exec levels there is no standard playbook. It gets pretty cutthroat, and there are usually egos at that level. Showing them love is a good thing and they aren't afraid of competition.

I appreciate you taking this to it's own thread.
Agree but it’s a very public , names are out there, dates are set, so does not make a difference?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Who's left?

Morroco Brown Monday but never got official word on Khan or Smith.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Do you announce finalists before you’ve interviewed everyone?
The geriatric search squad has set up 2nd interviews with Eberflus and Poles who have 2nd interviews elsewhere. It's just their way of letting these candidates know that they are also interested.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Agree but it’s a very public , names are out there, dates are set, so does not make a difference?
It is odd how public it all has become, but the NFL is all about being in the constant news cycle and all these guys interviewing get that.

Honestly, I think most of this is a dog and pony show for fan interest. Every team will have a GM succession plan short list. Many of these interviews are likely fact finding and referrals.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s disrespectful? Poles is Tuesday. Brown is the last guy we know of and he’s on Monday.
feels backwards. If they’re so close together, why not wait until they’re finished

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
feels backwards. If they’re so close together, why not wait until they’re finished
What feels backwards? ?. I feel like you’re complaining just to complain. And if Brown is the last guy then the first round is done Monday.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
The geriatric search squad has set up 2nd interviews with Eberflus and Poles who have 2nd interviews elsewhere. It's just their way of letting these candidates know that they are also interested.
I do agree, but they could just as easily do that privately. I'm doubting Monday is actually Morocco Browns first interview - just my personal speculation. Brown and Poles could be the backup plan for someone they aren't sure is going to accept. Same with Eberflus.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Wait. We think the Bears are announcing a 2nd round of interviews for candidates because the Vikings did.

This is very cloak and dagger. ?