Interview process

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
They did it because he was announced as a finalist for the Vikings job - I don't care who feels disrespected if the Bears get it right.
What happened with Joe Schoen? The Bears requested an interview and he never accepted and took the Giants' dumpster fire instead.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m just disappointed that Omar Khan does not appear to be interviewing.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I do agree, but they could just as easily do that privately. I'm doubting Monday is actually Morocco Browns first interview - just my personal speculation. Brown and Poles could be the backup plan for someone they aren't sure is going to accept. Same with Eberflus.
Yeah, I'm also not buying that it's Brown's 1st interview.

Canth

Liked Posts:
What happened with Joe Schoen? The Bears requested an interview and he never accepted and took the Giants' dumpster fire instead.

Not quite. He did interview with the Bears. But obviously after that he took the Giants job. Scroll to the bottom of the article and they give the timeline for the interviews they have completed. They interviewed Schoen on the 16th. The Giants job certainly also had its appeal - Big City, 2 1st round picks, really a chance to completely start over.

Generally speaking, the GM positions don't open up as often, so I feel like there is a bigger pool of respectable candidates there. So, Schoen taking the Giants job doesn't mean there are no other qualified people to hire.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No. I still think it’s disrespectful. You can show interest without wasting everyone’s time.

Are you a candidate? If not then who cares if you find it disrespectful.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ive missed on chicks and ended up hooking up with their friends a few times..

Yeah but did you circle back to the miss and hook up with her because she was mad her friend moved in?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not quite. He did interview with the Bears. But obviously after that he took the Giants job. Scroll to the bottom of the article and they give the timeline for the interviews they have completed. They interviewed Schoen on the 16th. The Giants job certainly also had its appeal - Big City, 2 1st round picks, really a chance to completely start over.

Generally speaking, the GM positions don't open up as often, so I feel like there is a bigger pool of respectable candidates there. So, Schoen taking the Giants job doesn't mean there are no other qualified people to hire.

Nor that he'd be the one we would have.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They did it because he was announced as a finalist for the Vikings job - I don't care who feels disrespected if the Bears get it right.
If he feels disrespected, he should go into hiding for 3-4 months and return with a changed name.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They interviewed him.

Giants may be a dumpster fire but they've committed to a complete restructuring of how they handle their business, unlike the Bears who are just doing things the same way but cowering behind the name of Bill Polian. I forgot which beat guy for the Bears said it but a source said that they're asking all of the wrong questions. Ballard wanted no part in the Bears job. Not a shocker his right hand man backed out.

Two firsts plus carte blanche in a bigger market on a team that has at least won something in recent memory... Yeah, I'm not convinced the Bears job is better.