Jim Caldwell rumors as Bears HC gaining steam...

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Bears are circling in on their OC and then HC before GM you think? I would say no freaking way but then again Bears
My guess is they already know whom they are hiring at the two top positions. Just looking around at some of the possible coordinators maybe?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Has Caldwell interviewed for *any* head coaching job in the last few years, or is this purely a Bears thing?

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess he's saying those teams never asked him to interview for the HC position

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Polian is going to pick the oldest guy out of a hat again because he can’t remember anything before 1993.

Nice. Well don’t Bears your fucking brilliant.

I hope they move to Arlington and get embroiled in scandal and removed in disgrace from the NFL…as if being the dumbest family in football for 30 years wasn’t enough. Let’s get some third generation wealth problems started!

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill Polian already failed at this!!! Lol.

We can’t be this stupid?!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caldwell needs to come with Peyton Manning at OC or QB coach, pre-snap coordinator.

Don’t worry you can give him any title and pay. Just get Manning’s head in Halas and you will fix hundreds of on field issues.

the bears are 30 years or so behind the football brain trust, IMO. Like there are obvious things they don’t do or understand.

I used to have some faith but I can see now this entire family is full Special person across the board and has already screwed this process before it began. Even telling us it’a changed while the same folks will select the next architects…again.

you can’t be that stupid? You are? Omg!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Polian should be in a home. Caldwell should be a retired paid consultant brought in to fix X’s and O’s Where the bears have systemic pre-snap issues.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Imagine being Jim Caldwell and turning down HC requests.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Glad Caldwell took some of the steam out of the rumours

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Has Caldwell interviewed for *any* head coaching job in the last few years, or is this purely a Bears thing?
Jaguars this year. Think in 2020 and 2021 he was recovering from medical problems.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The desire for the Bears to be just like the Lions is amazing, lol.

Elderly woman ownership with no football IQ
Ex-Lions head coach (possibly)
President of football operations not a football guy

But the Bears will not be like the Lions because of.................

Geography?

Caldwell won how many playoff games with the Lions?

Always seemed to start off strong, then collapse down the stretch, if memory serves?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Expect a terrible/non-existent running game and baffling coaches decisions. Do Bears fans really not remember his tenure? Rushing offense ranks: 28, 32, 30, 32.

Caldwell took over a very talented team, they had a top 3 defense his first year. Calvin Johnson,Stafford, tate Suh...he oversaw a pass happy, inefficient offense and the defense went to shit.

"he had success with the Lions" is a stupid reason to want a coach. Aim higher. He would be by far the worst hire of the coaches the Bears have interviewed.
Question I would have here is who did the Lions GM at the time give Caldwell at RB to work with? HC does not pick the players he can only work with what he is given. If he is given shitty runners but has some outstanding WR's and a QB who can get them the ball, you work with what you got.

Playoffs without a complete offense...........I gotta give him some credit for that.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Asking for a friend??

Hire someone under 60. I want a coach with a shot at being here for a decade. Bears luck is that they finally hire a coach that is all that only to watch him fall over or retire. This coming from someone the same age as Caldwell.

I'm asking if u were in shape, because you said....."only to watch him fall over or retire. This coming from someone the same age as Caldwell."

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Question I would have here is who did the Lions GM at the time give Caldwell at RB to work with? HC does not pick the players he can only work with what he is given. If he is given shitty runners but has some outstanding WR's and a QB who can get them the ball, you work with what you got.

Playoffs without a complete offense...........I gotta give him some credit for that.

It was a constant source of criticism that he ignored the running game. It wasn't a talent issue, he didn't even try. I mean they literally didn't have a single 100 yard rusher in his four years there. That's insane.

I am shocked Bears fans don't remember what a joke of a head coach he was. I mean, I'm not Stafford's biggest fan but he's a better QB than the Bears have ever had. Those Lions teams were talented. Caldwell made countless baffling coaching decisions going back to his time in Indy. He's a bad head coach.

Again, just saying "he had mild success with the Lions! Which means he must be good!" is entirely specious reasoning.