Jim Caldwell rumors as Bears HC gaining steam...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Caldwell needs to come with Peyton Manning at OC or QB coach, pre-snap coordinator.

Don’t worry you can give him any title and pay. Just get Manning’s head in Halas and you will fix hundreds of on field issues.

the bears are 30 years or so behind the football brain trust, IMO. Like there are obvious things they don’t do or understand.

I used to have some faith but I can see now this entire family is full ****** across the board and has already screwed this process before it began. Even telling us it’a changed while the same folks will select the next architects…again.

you can’t be that stupid? You are? Omg!

If I were Caldwell.... I'd try too convince Pep Hamilton to come in as OC. Pep Hamilton is excellent with Qb development.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I were Caldwell.... I'd try too convince Pep Hamilton to come in as OC. Pep Hamilton is excellent with Qb development.
If I couldn’t get Peyton Manning and eat 12 courses, I guess Pep is a snickers bar and a smile.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It was a constant source of criticism that he ignored the running game. It wasn't a talent issue, he didn't even try. I mean they literally didn't have a single 100 yard rusher in his four years there. That's insane.

I am shocked Bears fans don't remember what a joke of a head coach he was. I mean, I'm not Stafford's biggest fan but he's a better QB than the Bears have ever had. Those Lions teams were talented. Caldwell made countless baffling coaching decisions going back to his time in Indy. He's a bad head coach.

Again, just saying "he had mild success with the Lions! Which means he must be good!" is entirely specious reasoning.

The Lions were nothing b4 Caldwell. And since he's been gone they're back to being nothing

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If I couldn’t get Peyton Manning and eat 12 courses, I guess Pep is a snickers bar and a smile.

We know Manning's never gonna coach. Hamilton has developed Luck, Herbert and recently he squeezed 3-4 wins outta Davis Mills. He also has GM & HC experience from the XFL

We're gonna end up with some eberflus guy and more mediocrity :(

Applefan

Liked Posts:
We know Manning's never gonna coach. Hamilton has developed Luck, Herbert and recently he squeezed 3-4 wins outta
Davis Mills. He also has GM & HC experience from the XFL

Hamilton was also with the Bears when Morocco Brown was in the Bears scouting dept.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We know Manning's never gonna coach. Hamilton has developed Luck, Herbert and recently he squeezed 3-4 wins outta Davis Mills. He also has GM & HC experience from the XFL

We're gonna end up with some eberflus guy and more mediocrity :(
Hamilton was also with the Bears when Morocco Brown was in the Bears scouting dept.

Interesting ....
I just fear We're gonna end up with some eberflus guy and more mediocrity . I'd be open to Doug Pederson, as well

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JimCaldwell_3066648.jpg

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This doesn't make any sense because I just read yesterday that Caldwell was turning down interviews knowing that Chicago was destination 1a and this is because he knows Polian??

Is he trying to say that guys like Breer and Graziano are just connecting names rather than reporting anything concrete?

I like that Caldwell is a str8 shooter.

Breer and Graziano are just connecting names rather than reporting anything concrete?

This happens all the time. If u dig in to stories, they never have sources nor journalistic attribution.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm asking if u were in shape, because you said....."only to watch him fall over or retire. This coming from someone the same age as Caldwell."
Joke. Good so far but at this age, you never know what tomorrow brings.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was Tony Dungee, I am not certain, but they knew Manning well and said he would never coach. He would never understand why someone didn’t work as hard as he did or how they couldn’t see that disguised blitz or why they didn’t audible or….. Point being what made Manning what he was on the field was unique to him; you can’t really replicate that. I am not saying Manning wouldn’t be a great coach just that he wouldn’t do it. Also, he's making big bank doing what he is doing with a fraction of the time or travel commitment. I could see him advisor or a partner or something similar but not the day to day grind. I could also see him in the booth or studio but he and Eli’s commentating gig may have traction.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really love what he did with Grossman, Orton and especially Cutler. From pro-bowl to leading the league in INTs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Two years of Jim Caldwell and Calvin Johnson was like "nah, I'm good. Later."

LOL! Yeah, Caldwell was the reason Johnson retired early... :jonesy: :brady:

"In all the years I was there, he (Jim Caldwell) spoke to everyone and treated everyone on the team like a man," Johnson said. "That's what you like to see in a head coach. You can't have someone who treats some guys one way and treat others another way."

-Calvin Johnson​

Ok....now lets read the truth, in the linked article below......

Calvin Johnson will always be big fan of former Detroit Lions ... coach Jim Caldwell

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
"In all the years I was there, he (Jim Caldwell) spoke to everyone and treated everyone on the team like a man," Johnson said. "That's what you like to see in a head coach. You can't have someone who treats some guys one way and treat others another way."

-Calvin Johnson​

Calvin Johnson will always be big fan of former Detroit Lions ... coach Jim Caldwell

I was joking.

But Caldwell is still a bad coach.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I really love what he did with Grossman, Orton and especially Cutler. From pro-bowl to leading the league in INTs.

Pep was only here a couple yrs.(2007-09) We did get production from Rex. He got injured and we ultimately turned to Orton. Here's how Orton performed 07-08

1642893370317.png

Angelo traded Orton and the Bears' 2009 and 2010 first round draft picks for Jay Cutler of the Denver Broncos.
Now you and I know jay was not a leader. He was un-coachable, garbage, I can provide documented proof if u want.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pep was only here a couple yrs.(2007-09) We did get production from Rex. He got injured and we ultimately turned to Orton. Here's how Orton performed 07-08

View attachment 17013

Angelo traded Orton and the Bears' 2009 and 2010 first round draft picks for Jay Cutler of the Denver Broncos.
Now you and I know jay was not a leader. He was un-coachable, garbage, I can provide documented proof if u want.
Thank you for the history lesson but i also am a Bears fan and know what happened.
Rex was benched in 2007 and the best a Bears QB looked that season was when Brian Griese's helmet went out and he called his own plays on the game winning drive vs the Eagles. Outside of that it was 3 bad QBs taking turns being bad.

2008 Orton played like Kyle Orton, a below average game manager.

Yes, Cutler was uncoachable. He also took a significant step backwards. And you can save your documents. You have a history of posting articles from nobodies in an attempt to prove your points.

Make actual arguments and not just lazily post blogs from people with 15 followers on twitter like you did with your Greg Roman slander.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

-Calvin Johnson​

Two years of Jim Caldwell and Calvin Johnson was like "nah, I'm good. Later."

I was joking.

But Caldwell is still a bad coach.

OOOkay......only after I presented the truth about how Calvin Johnson felt about Caldwell, you're "joking." ?
If you read the article......Johnson disagrees with u about Caldwell being a so called "bad coach."
So who should I believe you or Johnson ?? :unsure:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
OOOkay......only after I presented the truth about how Calvin Johnson felt about Caldwell, you're "joking." ?
If you read the article......Johnson disagrees with u about Caldwell being a so called "bad coach."
So who should I believe you or Johnson ?? :unsure:

It was a joke, I didn't read your article nor do I care what Calvin Johnson says about him. And you're going to believe whoever confirms what you already believe.

Do you really not remember how bad he was? I'm not pulling this out of my ass. He would be a terrible hire.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

View attachment 17013

Thank you for the history lesson but i also am a Bears fan and know what happened.
Rex was benched in 2007 and the best a Bears QB looked that season was when Brian Griese's helmet went out and he called his own plays on the game winning drive vs the Eagles. Outside of that it was 3 bad QBs taking turns being bad.

2008 Orton played like Kyle Orton, a below average game manager.

Yes, Cutler was uncoachable. He also took a significant step backwards. And you can save your documents. You have a history of posting articles from nobodies in an attempt to prove your points.

Make actual arguments and not just lazily post blogs from people with 15 followers on twitter like you did with your Greg Roman slander.

Sigh....you're being emotional. And you're altering the premise that this was some how Hamilton's fault.
Between Turner and Hamilton, Orton did experience development and a winning record.

On jay, he was a veteran. He was "developed" as much as possible under M. Shanahan, b4 jay got him fired. jay has never worked hard to improve as a Qb......ya can't blame that on Hamilton. Hamilton's forte is developing young Qb's i.e. rookie-2yrs, Are u familiar with who he's developed?

On the articles.....I remember giving u several different sources and not just "a blog(s)" about Roman. I guess when various articles disagree with u the authors are nobody's in your mind. You get to emotional about Roman.
There are lots of articles ( non blog) on how bad jay was as a Qb. There are articles on how ppl didn't care jay was
traded from Denver. As a Bear fan....I never wanted him here. We lost 8yrs. with this guy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sigh....you're being emotional. And you're altering the premise that this was some how Hamilton's fault.
Between Turner and Hamilton, Orton did experience development and a winning record.

On jay, he was a veteran. He was "developed" as much as possible under M. Shanahan, b4 jay got him fired. jay has never worked hard to improve as a Qb......ya can't blame that on Hamilton. Hamilton's forte is developing young Qb's i.e. rookie-2yrs, Are u familiar with who he's developed?

On the articles.....I remember giving u several different sources and not just "a blog(s)" about Roman. I guess when various articles disagree with u the authors are nobody's in your mind. You get to emotional about Roman.
There are lots of articles ( non blog) on how bad jay was as a Qb. There are articles on how ppl didn't care jay was
traded from Denver. As a Bear fan....I never wanted him here. We lost 8yrs. with this guy.
Before i even get to the rest of your post, please show me where my post shows emotion and that isn't me just telling you how it is?