Larry Borom Scouting Report.

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
I heard this pick, felt no excitement. I'm almost certain I wish the Bears got them a weapon or Corner at this point. We don't know who number 2 or the slot will be?
It's the 5th round. There aren't many players a team will pick this late that will generate excitement. You also likely won't find a CB2 at this point. I'm guessing you're seeing the Bears draft guys that they think they can develop and have potential to start.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's the 5th round. There aren't many players a team will pick this late that will generate excitement. You also likely won't find a CB2 at this point. I'm guessing you're seeing the Bears draft guys that they think they can develop and have potential to start.
I like CB Tay Gowan from UCF.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our OL was too soft and rarely pushed guys around. Jenkins at RT and Borom at RG long term will give the line a mean streak and the power to actually move people.

Borom is a RG not a RT IMO.
Probably drafted for Costillo who thinks he can develop him. My least favorite pick with draft slot considered but I'm all about developing Gs instead of drafting them high so I'm good..

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I was tracking the draft on cbs sports and they gave the pick an A. Said he was good enough athletically and would be a starter in the NFL with a little cleaned up hand technique. How does the scouting report differ so much across sources?

Anyway, people complained about Pace neglecting the line and he grabbed two guys in this draft, one an immediate starter. Let's see how Larry pans out.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And don’t forget my man Dieter Eiseling! That was a nasty nasty mean give me something to hit type of dude. Warms my heart!
This is for the end-of-game-Fields-gave-the-Bears-a-14-point-lead offense: 10 nasty offensive linemen and one grind-it-out RB.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I believe he was drafted to be the RT in 2022.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I was tracking the draft on cbs sports and they gave the pick an A. Said he was good enough athletically and would be a starter in the NFL with a little cleaned up hand technique. How does the scouting report differ so much across sources?

Anyway, people complained about Pace neglecting the line and he grabbed two guys in this draft, one an immediate starter. Let's see how Larry pans out.
I think i read that his biggest weakness was conditioning but Pace mentioned that at his pro day he had trimmed up and was moving really well. I dont know shit but from the different reports on him i have seen i wont be surprised if he takes over for RT sometime this year, assuming Jenkins isn't at that spot.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Would rather have Trey Smith OG Tennessee who is still available, if you want specifics as to why this pick sucked.
So Pace fucked up because he did not take the player you wanted in the 5th round yet that same player went in the 6th round 75 players after Borom was taken? Sounds reasonable.

Tell me again what Pace's record of finding solid 5th round starters is.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Apparently, Borom was instructed to get his weight up to 250 lbs by Missouri coaching. So, all that film evaluation was at that weight. Since that time, he has lost 28 lbs. At his pro day, he hit some very athletic measurables. So, the pro day results do not support the scouting report except maybe his 3 cone. This may explain the evaluator's concern with carrying an edge rusher.

I went ahead and looked at some of his college highlights. He's huuuge. And not in a good way. His weight loss may be been overlooked and Pace snagged another 5th round gem? We will know in four months.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
“Borom projects as a fringe NFL offensive lineman.” Lol. Right up the Bears alley.

In seriousness, I liked the pick. He did very well in the SEC, which is very different than doing well in, say, the PAC-12.

I liked hearing he shed that extra weight, and he looked good in his snaps before the injury. Hope he continues that when he plays.