Leslie Frazier

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Totally gutted for Frazier and the Bills still. I've been one of his most ardent supporters since day 1 but damn that was fucking painful. Still think he's wholly deserving of a HC gig though, even despite yesterday's failure.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally gutted for Frazier and the Bills still. I've been one of his most ardent supporters since day 1 but damn that was fucking painful. Still think he's wholly deserving of a HC gig though, even despite yesterday's failure.
You want him to coach the Bears? what in his history shows that he deserves to be a HC? let's not even count yesterday

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy - all I know is that once the Bills scored with 13 seconds left, I was yelling at my TV for them to kick it short. They didn't do it. Then I was yelling at my TV for them to alteast press Kelce. They didn't do it. Easy completion for 20 yards. Then I was yelling at my TV for them to press Kelce again. Didn't do it and another 20 yards.

Both of these strategies have been implemented before in these types of situations. Yes, intentional holding is extreme. But press coverage on a possession TE like Kelce is not. Forcing a return on a kick off with such little time left is not uncommon either. All I can tell you is what I though they should have done. And all we can say now is what they DID DO... didn't work. End of story.

Yes what they did failed. We agree there. I also have no problem with the idea of them kicking it short or pressing Kelce. I am simply saying that guarantees nothing and if they had and failed then you would have people complaining about why they didnt kick it long or played softer coverage. There is no definitive answer here unless someone has data.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You want him to coach the Bears? what in his history shows that he deserves to be a HC? let's not even count yesterday
Anybody who wants Frazier is undoubtedly an 85 bears meatball fan, that loves anything about the 85 bears. Presumably why McCaskeys are obsessed with Frazier

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

Yes, I do want him to coach the Bears still. Partly because he's done as good a job in his role as any since coming to Buffalo, partly because he's an 85 Bear, and partly because I got the 6-1 on Frazier, but it's mostly about credentials still.

My biggest issue with Frazier yesterday was I don't think I saw a single blitz the entire game, in their first meeting which the Bills won handily I don't believe he blitzed either so I understand his game-plan coming in. Not having a super-star like Tre White in the secondary changes everything though. He should've realized from the opening drive Mahommes was going to toy with his 4 man rush and made the adjustments by sending some different blitz packages. Last few drives would've been a perfect time to dial up the blitz and instead played vanilla and got shredded relentlessly. They had only given up around 350 total yards and made 2 big stops before the unfortunate ending with a few minutes left.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I do want him to coach the Bears still. Partly because he's done as good a job in his role as any since coming to Buffalo, partly because he's an 85 Bear, and partly because I got the 6-1 on Frazier, but it's mostly about credentials still.

My biggest issue with Frazier yesterday was I don't think I saw a single blitz the entire game, in their first meeting which the Bills won handily I don't believe he blitzed either so I understand his game-plan coming in. Not having a super-star like Tre White in the secondary changes everything though. He should've realized from the opening drive Mahommes was going to toy with his 4 man rush and made the adjustments by sending some different blitz packages. Last few drives would've been a perfect time to dial up the blitz and instead played vanilla and got shredded relentlessly. They had only given up around 350 total yards and made 2 big stops before the unfortunate ending with a few minutes left.
Did you say 85 Bears. Freaking meatball alert. BTW, Frazier is a Tampa 2 disciple. He doesn't blitz much. Do you even follow football?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, at this thread.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Did you say 85 Bears. Freaking meatball alert. BTW, Frazier is a Tampa 2 disciple. He doesn't blitz much. Do you even follow football?
No shit he doesn't blitz much, hence why I mentioned him not blitzing, do you even know how to read?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Huge difference between a squib and kicking it short of the goal line. These kickers are perfectly capable of placing it around the 5 if they want to, and you should absolutely trust your special teams to bleed 5 seconds and stop them well short of the 40 more than you should trust your defense to stop Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill with two plays. At worst, they still only have one play to get into FG range.

Even so, you have to have triple coverage on Kelce and Hill. Mahomes only has eyes for them with that little time left, and even if another guy gets open, he's going to take an extra moment or two to find that guy or force the ball to one of the first two.
Lol at triple coverage. If you think Mahomes would not hesitate to throw to Hardman you are not paying attention.

You're an idiot and continue to defend an idiotic point.

You're playing the clock...13 seconds is what your playing against

A kick return.....and hill WAS not on the field.....wastes at least 3-5 seconds and a play....and any time off the clock with mahomes, hill and kelce on the sidings is a win for Buffalo no matter the result.......kick it short and watch them return it to the 40.? Fine.... there's likely 5-6 seconds left in the game meaning KC likely has one offensive play.....if more time is left OR you kicked it in the endzone you can mitigate their plays by committing intentional defensive penalties

And no there is no data on that strategy because the dipshits who make decisions in this leauge are meatheads and follow group think....meathead group think

The Chiefs were at the 40 and ran one play for 20+ yards in 5 seconds. So as I said if you kick it short and they still end up at the 40 with 6 or 7 seconds it changes nothing. They can run the same play they did.

Don’t be so dense. The kicker hangs the ball high toward the corner. It’s not like his aiming for the pylon. Teams do it all the time when they don’t want to concede the automatic 25.

Frankly, the kick doesn’t need to be toward the corner either but teams do it so it limits the returner’s options and it’s easier to cover.

The point still stands. You cant guarantee they still dont end up at the 40 or so with 6 or 7 seconds. It is a crap shoot.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I almost want to thank Frazier and Bowles for eliminating themselves from contention for the Bears HC job....

Then I remembered we hired Nagy after he fucked up the Chiefs playoff game.

:dilfer:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Isn't that what you're doing as well?

Yes I am responding to their whining with my own whining. Such is the nature of message boards when you have hundreds of MMQBs.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes I am responding to their whining with my own whining. Such is the nature of message boards when you have hundreds of MMQBs.
You are the only one whining about this. Everyone else sees the reality of the situation and that Frazier f*cked up badly on that last drive.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are the only one whining about this. Everyone else sees the reality of the situation and that Frazier f*cked up badly on that last drive.

The whining comment was in relation to the kicking it long. Frazier does not make that decision. Try to follow along.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I felt that the Bills should have kicked the kickoff to the Chiefs.
Yeah…bears fans now get that you can’t squib kick with like 35 seconds left because Lovie got burned that way.
But Romo was correct…with under 15 seconds it limits them to one play from scrimmage. It would have likely worked although they could have Hail Mary on one play maybe and taken a time out in field goal range.

they had opportunity to burn the chiefs timeouts earlier, on the long drive…but they actually ran out of bounds and stopped the clock twice as well as some incompletions and not downing the ball at the one when they picked up first and goal. They had plenty of downs to do it and leave no time on the PREVIOUS drive…before Mahomes scored a touchdown in one minute and Hill failed to go down at the one, leaving Allen one minute to do the same.

The Bengals took the risks of lost possession to get that done because that’s how you beat mahomes.

I guess they want to nickname him the Grim Reaper.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah…bears fans now get that you can’t squib kick with like 35 seconds left because Lovie got burned that way.
But Romo was correct…with under 15 seconds it limits them to one play from scrimmage. It would have likely worked although they could have Hail Mary on one play maybe and taken a time out in field goal range.

they had opportunity to burn the chiefs timeouts earlier, on the long drive…but they actually ran out of bounds and stopped the clock twice as well as some incompletions and not downing the ball at the one when they picked up first and goal. They had plenty of downs to do it and leave no time on the PREVIOUS drive…before Mahomes scored a touchdown in one minute and Hill failed to go down at the one, leaving Allen one minute to do the same.

The Bengals took the risks of lost possession to get that done because that’s how you beat mahomes.

I guess they want to nickname him the Grim Reaper.

It was 11 seconds left when Lovie got burned on the squib kick not 35 seconds. So 2 seconds less than what Mahomes had.