Leslie Frazier

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but I don’t sit here 24/7 and follow along with everything that is said. However I simply stated that you’re rare whining about Frazier. Keep up.

Ok so you agree you were ignorant of the discussion and now pissy about your own ignorance.

Here is a tip for you. It helps to read the discussion before you respond.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Are the Bears the only team even interviewing Leslie?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why not play 2 deep man under? Even 3 deep man under? Or any number of other ccverages?

Mahomes didn't really even have to do anything, just threw two eight yard passes to wide open receivers who then ran untouched for close to 20 yards.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why not play 2 deep man under? Even 3 deep man under? Or any number of other ccverages?

Mahomes didn't really even have to do anything, just threw two eight yard passes to wide open receivers who then ran untouched for close to 20 yards.

Think they were concerned with someone like Hill beating man coverage and catching it in space and beating the S for a TD like he did earlier in game. Hard for the 2nd S to get an angle on a guy like Hill or Hardman.

So they had 4 deep on the first play and played a high zone on the 2nd.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Think they were concerned with someone like Hill beating man coverage and catching it in space and beating the S for a TD like he did earlier in game. Hard for the 2nd S to get an angle on a guy like Hill or Hardman.

So they had 4 deep on the first play and played a high zone on the 2nd.
Their zone on the second play to Kelce was totally ridiculous. 3 deep man there doesn't need to be any angle. Really 2 deep that shouldn't be a concern either, even with Hill.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Their zone on the second play to Kelce was totally ridiculous. 3 deep man there doesn't need to be any angle. Really 2 deep that shouldn't be a concern either, even with Hill.

This was against 2 deep like exactly a minute before game time wise. Pretty sure that was still in Frazier's mind.

We literally just saw him eviscerate 2 deep when the S should have had the angle.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

This was against 2 deep like exactly a minute before game time wise. Pretty sure that was still in Frazier's mind.

We literally just saw him eviscerate 2 deep when the S should have had the angle.
Was an awful play by that safety, no doubt. Would not have happened with three deep. Or you could bracket Hill with two deep. He got beat by Hill and Kelce all night. None of their other pass catchers did anything really.

But instead the option should not be to let players catch seven yard routes and run for 20 yards until they are touched essentially twice in a row. A better coordinator isn't going to let one play swing them that much imo.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I might be meatbally but I think I'm out on defensive coaches in general when we've got a QB that needs help. Lovie's saga with offensive coordinators mind fucked me.
I always envisioned it like the four of them sitting in a room and then Lovie going, okay, Tice, this year, you're the OC. And all of them going, sure, why not?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Ok so you agree you were ignorant of the discussion and now pissy about your own ignorance.

Here is a tip for you. It helps to read the discussion before you respond.
How did you come to this conclusion based off my comments? You seem to be the only one not putting the blame on Frazier.

Here’s a tip. Don’t call out people for whining when your the only one whining.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was an awful play by that safety, no doubt. Would not have happened with three deep. Or you could bracket Hill with two deep. He got beat by Hill and Kelce all night. None of their other pass catchers did anything really.

But instead the option should not be to let players catch seven yard routes and run for 20 yards until they are touched essentially twice in a row. A better coordinator isn't going to let one play swing them that much imo.

3 deep maybe not but that was more a response to the last part of your comment regarding it not being a concern in 2 deep.

Not sure it was just one play. Think it was the fact that like you said Hill was killing them all night.

The 2nd play was 2 deep. The problem was not the cushion. The problem was the 2 underneath guys got too far apart and allowed Kelce to split them. The outside guy on that play protected the sidelines too much given KC had TOs and didnt need to go to the sidelines.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How did you come to this conclusion based off my comments? You seem to be the only one not putting the blame on Frazier.

Here’s a tip. Don’t call out people for whining when your the only one whining.

Because you responded to a comment about the long kick talking about Frazier. So by definition you were ignorant to the fact the comment you responded to was not about Frazier. You then explained your ignorance as to what that post was about by saying you dont read all my posts.

So again it helps to read the posts before you respond. No idea why you responded to a post about the long kick talking about Frazier.

Canth

Liked Posts:
3 deep maybe not but that was more a response to the last part of your comment regarding it not being a concern in 2 deep.

Not sure it was just one play. Think it was the fact that like you said Hill was killing them all night.

The 2nd play was 2 deep. The problem was not the cushion. The problem was the 2 underneath guys got too far apart and allowed Kelce to split them. The outside guy on that play protected the sidelines too much.

The added dumb part, per quotes from Mahomes and Kelce is that the Bills defense showed that split look, took a defensive time-out, didn't change it, and Mahomes/Kelce were able to use a pre-agreement to take the space regardless of the route called. So again, bad coaching and setting up the defense and on top of that, burning a defensive time-out, not changing the holes in your defense, allowing one of the best qb's in the game just that much more time to read your defense to pick it apart. I don't understand how anyone can really defend what the Bills did there at the end as being a good idea to protect your lead with 13 seconds left.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

The 2nd play was 2 deep. The problem was not the cushion. The problem was the 2 underneath guys got too far apart and allowed Kelce to split them. The outside guy on that play protected the sidelines too much.
I wrote 3 deep man, 2 deep man, or several other coverages. Even in two deep seems like it took the saftoed forever to ome up and make the play on Kelce.

Hard to say on that last point, we don't really know what the outside guy was supposed to do there. Coming out of a timeout you'd expect a starting CB to understand a basic underneath zone coverage though. At the very many of the players looked pretty unprepared on both of those plays.

Seems like maybe there were things that BUF could have done to slow down MAHOMESGOD, they just didn't do them.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Ok and of one of the WRs breaks free and is now wide open? You do realize guys can beat the press?

Why so you think no NFL team has ever tried this? Is it perhaps because it is a stupid suggestion?
Thats why you have two different 3 deep safety with nobody rushing

Keep defending the meathead strategy because.....we just need to cover and tackle!

jive

Liked Posts:
All Leslie had to do was call a play that would have gotten one stop. Considering KC had all 3 timeouts, they still had the entire field to work with. The D just had to play it like any other play instead of a hail mary.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The added dumb part, per quotes from Mahomes and Kelce is that the Bills defense showed that split look, took a defensive time-out, didn't change it, and Mahomes/Kelce were able to use a pre-agreement to take the space regardless of the route called. So again, bad coaching and setting up the defense and on top of that, burning a defensive time-out, not changing the holes in your defense, allowing one of the best qb's in the game just that much more time to read your defense to pick it apart. I don't understand how anyone can really defend what the Bills did there at the end as being a good idea to protect your lead with 13 seconds left.

I think the issue for me is not sure there were any good ideas. Playing man on Hill and Kelce is not a good idea nor is blitzing. Think they were generally fucked either way unless a defender stepped up and made a play.