***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
4. Giants, Vikings, Raiders.

My guess is anyone interested in Smith talked to him already. No need to announce a request as he isn't with another team. Bears may have talked to him before season was over and already put him on finalist list
Hoge's article this morning lists him as someone they haven't talked to yet. So maybe they kept it quiet but that seems weird since they've announced every other interview so far.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hoge's article this morning lists him as someone they haven't talked to yet. So maybe they kept it quiet but that seems weird since they've announced every other interview so far.
I'm thinking since he isn't associated with another team and this polian team had been assembled before the season ended they easily could've talked with him before the season was over and it's already decided if he's a finalist or not. They really can't tell anyone that though since they claim they didn't decide to fire pace until after the last game.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
For the little it's worth (per Points Bet)
  • Brian Flores: +275
  • Brian Daboll: +350
  • Leslie Frazier: +550
  • Jim Harbaugh: +600
  • Doug Pederson: +800
  • Byron Leftwich: +1,000
  • Matt Eberflus: +1,000
  • Eric Bieniemy: +1,000
  • Josh McDaniels: +1,200
  • Kellen Moore: +1,500
  • Todd Bowles: +1,800
  • Dan Quinn: +2,000
  • Nathaniel Hackett: +2,000
Looking like it could be between Flores and Daboll now, Frazier interviewing with a chance to smitten Bears still.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dave Wanstedt was just on a podcast with Colin Cowherd and said the Bears haven't reached out to Jim Harbaugh yet. And I think Dave is pretty close with Jim, like Hub supposedly is. Who to believe....
I think Wanny would protect the Bears if given the chance as he talks highly of ownership to this day. Hell he may even think he's protecting Harbaugh by saying the two haven't spoke who knows.

I'd be extremely shocked if the Bears didn't even at least place a call while they're interviewing everyone under the sun. They just know like everyone else- you don't interview Harbaugh...you hire him.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I worry he's too married to the way Arians does things, like Nagy and Reid.
Meh. Him changing his scheme mitigated that fear for me, also throw in the fact that he QBd in the modern era helps as well

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again with the Brady reference. By "tweak", you mean Brady told him what to put in the offense... lol

Brady brings 20 years of successful offense, he's like a coach on the field. But sure, Leftwich is an offense guru because he has someone else make his offense for him. /s
That is not the same offense Brady had in New England

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yup. As shown by him having Winston throw the ball more than any other QB in the league in the middle of a 30 INT season.

Do what works (or doesn’t) and abandon the run!!!
I’m sure throwing ints were part of that scheme ? but I’m curious to why all of a sudden when it’s negative it’s associated to leftwich but when it’s positive it’s Arians or someone else’s scheme?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brian Daboll has had fours years of bad offenses in the NFL as a OC. It was so bad he took a job as a TE coach but all that is largely ignored because Allen is carrying his offense

Leftwich has had top offenses since becoming a OC but apparently it all because of Arians who has flat out stated the offense is under Leftwich control

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Meh. Him changing his scheme mitigated that fear for me, also throw in the fact that he QBd in the modern era helps as well
I have been reading more and more about that, and that is something that I put in the plus column. I don't like how people are saying, "Brady, Brady, Brady" when they could be talking about the collaboration (uh oh) or synergy (Sky Point to Marc Trestman) between the QB and OC.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Between covering the Bears since the days of Halas and being a Michigan graduate, I'm fairly confident Hub is right about this one.

How has covering the Bears since the days of Halas helped him on all the other shit he's gotten wrong?