***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
Watch they trade fields for Kirk cousin and sign Frazier.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Fields for Baker? Is he white enough for Polian?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
There are two scenarios at play here, regarding the 2nd interview with Eberflus:

1- George and Ted are allowing their personal feelings about a candidate's interview to disrupt and supersede the natural process of hiring a GM first before HC, which means we could be looking at another arranged marriage type of situation with the next GM candidate.

2- The Bears know who they're hiring for GM, and they've been told by that guy to arrange a 2nd interview with their preferred candidate in advance. Given the IND connection with Eberflus, it would be logical to conclude that they would be deciding between Ed Dodds and Morocco Brown.

Last edited:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odd the Bears are lining up a 2nd interview for HC when they don't have a GM in place or even 2nd interview for a GM candidate. Have they even tried talking to Harbaugh or McDaniels?

No knock on Eberflus. He might make a great HC. I would take my chances with him over Butterboll and certainly Frazier who I will turn in my fan card if they hire. But the whole process just seems so Bears like.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Why would he be working with a blank slate? Of course he’ll be taking plays, motions etc from what he worked with in Tampa and even as a player. Are you saying because he will be working with Fields? Forgive me for not understanding
I guess I didn't mean "blank slate". What I meant is that he won't have Arians (the foundation of the offense) and Brady giving him input. He'll be on his own, without his daddy's holding his hand.

I guess I've already said my opinion, no need to harp on it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess I didn't mean "blank slate". What I meant is that he won't have Arians (the foundation of the offense) and Brady giving him input. He'll be on his own, without his daddy's holding his hand.

I guess I've already said my opinion, no need to harp on it.
Isn’t that everyone who eventually becomes a HC?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Who is this guy? Sounds like bullshit.
He pops up every now and then. I have seen him present a few things that occurred and others seem like BS. Could be a non trustworthy source at the best. This is rumor central time I suppose