***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
No, although I wonder how much of this is Nagy based lol

That’s fair I can’t say it doesn’t factor in. I’d definitely like the hire I’m just not devastated if he goes somewhere else.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This shouldn't have to be explained, but I get there is a need for it: the candidate has to also accept the job offer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

As I look at this list, one thought that occurred to me is that Goodwin has connections to both Caldwell and Leftwich. Could it be possible that if Arians promotes Goodwin if Leftwich leaves then Caldwell could be an option for Leftwich as Asst HC & OC. Presume Goodwin would vouch for him to Leftwich and Leftwich may value someone on his staff with extensive HC and OC experience who could also help temper some of the aggressiveness.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was a fan of Schoen. That is a big job with NYG, Gettleman gutted that roster in a short period of time. Have to expect Schoen is going to clear the roster out, trade Jones for whatever he can get and use on those top 10 picks on a QB. Although QB looks really dicey this year at the top. Maybe tank job and look QB next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’d be ok with Austin also. He’s another former Lions coach who actually had his side of the ball playing winning football.

Edit: I put Kubiak at OC because I’ve always wanted that Shanahan running game here. Hamilton and Goodwin have the ties to Caldwell but none of them (including Caldwell) have ever had a more than average running game.
I've always wanted that Shanahan running game here as well but now we have a QB that can throw the ball which we haven't had in a very long time.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was a fan of Schoen. That is a big job with NYG, Gettleman gutted that roster in a short period of time. Have to expect Schoen is going to clear the roster out, trade Jones for whatever he can get and use on those top 10 picks on a QB. Although QB looks really dicey this year at the top. Maybe tank job and look QB next year.
Bring in Daboll and Mitch to jumpstart things is my guess