dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Really don't care for anything coming from the Chefs after they laughingly sent the offensive genius our way-
Chiefs coaching staff after Bears hired Nagy.
bye-n-sync.gif

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I would really hope the interviews would clarify that. Obviously if that was the case that’s a huge problem. I don’t think it is though

at least he worked under dorsey for a tad.. dorsey may have been a gum smacking dick or something, but the man could find talent

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
how do you bring people back for second interviews when you're not even done with the first round ? Complete disrespect to those who haven't interviewed. SMH.
It's probably only people who already have 2nd interviews with other teams so the Bears can show them that they're very much interested in them and they don't go take the other job right away. Smart

Canth

Liked Posts:
It was a La Canfora article, so take it with a grain of salt, but he indicated that Eberflus is apparently one of the few HC candidates that has expressed a willingness to work with Trent Baalke in Jax. Apparently, several of the top HC candidates have wanted assurances that Baalke would be shown the door after the draft.

As I think on it, the Jax HC search has been amazingly quiet at least on a national level. Especially when you consider it's a great location in terms of climate and the actual city and they have Trevor Lawrence on a rookie deal.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It was a La Canfora article, so take it with a grain of salt, but he indicated that Eberflus is apparently one of the few HC candidates that has expressed a willingness to work with Trent Baalke in Jax. Apparently, several of the top HC candidates have wanted assurances that Baalke would be shown the door after the draft.

As I think on it, the Jax HC search has been amazingly quiet at least on a national level. Especially when you consider it's a great location in terms of climate and the actual city and they have Trevor Lawrence on a rookie deal.

So weird that a guy as maligned as Baalke is continued to be employed.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
On the unnecessary (I would hope) news front...

It sometimes amazes the lengths that people will go to and try and make a connection like that. It would never have crossed my mind to think a GM would take the job in Chicago with Justin Fields on the roster on a rookie deal and their first thought would be to trade for Matt Ryan. Honestly, no connection however obscure and no Justin Fields...if you are interviewing a GM prospect and he mentions in the 2022 offseason about trading for Matt Ryan for any reason, you should probably find someone else.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind the Giants swooping in to hire Flores and Jax pushing hard, throwing a bunch of money at Eberflus to take them off the Bears radar...

I am more interested in DaBoll, Leftwich, maybe Hackett, and if going defensive side then Bowles.