***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
Erik Lambert brought up that Poles has a Daboll connection and that could be his game plan. I’ll take that all day over brown/eberflus.

The dream is Khan as the ops guy with Harbaugh for me though.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Daboll
Leftwich

That's it. Those are my HC hopefuls at this point.
Assuming no Harbaugh, I'm inclined to agree with this.

As long as it's not Frazier or Caldwell, I should be able to stay away from the ledge. I don't want Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles, or Brian Flores either for various reasons.

Eberflus is the only defensive coach that wouldn't make me scream in anger, but also wouldn't have me excited either. It would feel a lot like hiring Vic Fangio before you knew he was going to be a bad HC. There are intriguing elements to his resume, but so much uncertainty with the offense.

Daboll and Leftwich are the only two that make sense if you're prioritizing Justin Fields development.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Daboll
Leftwich

That's it. Those are my HC hopefuls at this point.
Same except I’ll add Harbaugh.

I really wasn’t on the Leftwich bandwagon but most of the other HC candidates are very underwhelming and at least Leftwich would be a high ceiling type hire (still think he isn’t ready to be HC though)

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Interesting. They should be. I wonder what return would look like? Cousins, 3 1sts and a 2nd or two? If I'm minny I'd put cook in to offset a 1st or two with how easily rbs are replaced
Vikes are on the hook for Cousins 45 MILLION cap hit in 2022 no matter what. ???

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Interesting. They should be. I wonder what return would look like? Cousins, 3 1sts and a 2nd or two? If I'm minny I'd put cook in to offset a 1st or two with how easily rbs are replaced
You might be overvaluing Watson a bit here. The dude didn't even play a single down in 2021 because of all of his legal troubles and due to demanding a trade etc.

Maybe a Cousins for Watson swap gets it done?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Erik Lambert brought up that Poles has a Daboll connection and that could be his game plan. I’ll take that all day over brown/eberflus.

The dream is Khan as the ops guy with Harbaugh for me though.
Wonder if there is any chance Khan reaches out to Harbaugh and try and get an agreement. He could show up at his Interview with a plan for Harbaugh that is already agreed too.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’d be excited for Leftwich as well. He just seems to have an it factor to him I think he will do a good job. So many good DC available including our own. I think you gotta get an OC, and not Caldwell.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wonder if there is any chance Khan reaches out to Harbaugh and try and get an agreement. He could show up at his Interview with a plan for Harbaugh that is already agreed too.

No this is something the owner would have to do, which is a long shot lol.