***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You might be overvaluing Watson a bit here. The dude didn't even play a single down in 2021 because of all of his legal troubles and due to demanding a trade etc.

Maybe a Cousins for Watson swap gets it done?
It'd be Cousins plus at least a 1st and probably two 1sts. They were asking for 3 1sts and players and other picks. Price I'm sure will have to come down a bit

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It’s kind of crazy how we’ve gotten to the point where interview scheduling has become “news” content in the NFL. I can’t recall another time when the public has been so “informed” about the interior workings of the hiring process.

it’s kinda dumb

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It’s kind of crazy how we’ve gotten to the point where interview scheduling has become “news” content in the NFL. I can’t recall another time when the public has been so “informed” about the interior workings of the hiring process.

it’s kinda dumb
They should start televising interviews so we can know how big of idiots McCaskeys/ted/coaches are

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The GM candidates are infinitely better than HCs. I would be thrilled with Daboll, or Harbaugh (since the raiders apparently want McDaniels). Leftwhich is infinitely preferable than Caldwell. If you want defense give me Boles over Frazier and Eberflus.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Just heard Indy beat guy talk about Polian. George something

After the HC spurn of McDaniels, Polian was involved in finding Reich for Indy and developed Reich somewhat prior to that.

Was also involved in the resurgence of the Bills franchise a couple years back as a consultant.

Definitely heavy Bills / Indy influences and connections but they were somewhat hand picked by him and have resulted in a turnaround.

Not to mention stints with the Bills, Panthers, and Indy as an executive.

Food for thought…

Also spoke about Caldwell and mentioned in game management was off with timeouts etc but the man can lead and run a passing offense. Plus seen as a QB developer. Manning swears by him also.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You might be overvaluing Watson a bit here. The dude didn't even play a single down in 2021 because of all of his legal troubles and due to demanding a trade etc.

Maybe a Cousins for Watson swap gets it done?

No way. No how.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Makes complete sense. He goes in and they all gush over 1985. He says the last ex Bears to come in and bring a ship is Ditka and everyone in the room gets misty eyes.
A round of Diet Root Beer is opened and everyone pops a werthers original caramel candy.
And for what it's worth, it's not a "Nagy" sales job. It's genuine love and mutual interest and real nostalgia.
But is it the right choice? Tough to say. Not sure how Fields benefits here. If they hire Frazier, he better bring some bright, young innovative minds.
And for me, I'm willing to embrace that....I guess.

But Frazier isn't the best option here.