***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Makes complete sense. He goes in and they all gush over 1985. He says the last ex Bears to come in and bring a ship is Ditka and everyone in the room gets misty eyes.
A round of Diet Root Beer is opened and everyone pops a werthers original caramel candy.
And for what it's worth, it's not a "Nagy" sales job. It's genuine love and mutual interest and real nostalgia.
But is it the right choice? Tough to say. Not sure how Fields benefits here. If they hire Frazier, he better bring some bright, young innovative minds.
And for me, I'm willing to embrace that....I guess.

But Frazier isn't the best option here.
Geriatric search squad: "and why should we hire you?"

Frazier (leans in to the light from the dimly lit room): "let me tell you about the 1985 Chicago Bears."

Ewwws and awwwws fill the room.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So DBB says Dobbs bombed his interview but now says he thinks Dodds will get the Raiders job? Not very consistent.
Thats what happens when you talk out of your ass.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Interesting write-up on Eberflus if he's our next HC...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So DBB says Dobbs bombed his interview but now says he thinks Dodds will get the Raiders job? Not very consistent.

Not seeing the contradiction. He could bomb the Bears interview ans still be the favorite for the Raiders as 2 completely different orgs with potentially different priorities.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want ted phillips to retire next year or so just to hear the bears are bringing him in as a consultant for the next gm/coaching hire in 2026 and then watch the internet explode
After he writes a book like Polian did George won't be able to resist.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Didn't realize until reading up more on Eberflus that he runs Lovie Smith's cover 2 scheme... I think I'll pass...

I don't want to switch to a 4-3 defense and run a zone scheme that takes away from our best cornerback's strengths. Jaylon Johnson is not a zone CB. His talents would be completely wasted in Eberflus' defense.