***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Hackett is a bridge to Rodgers for DEN. I have no idea if their relationship is good but he's been with AR for three years.
My guess is yes it would make sense - Just like Daboll to NY with Mitch in tow

More reasons that I think this is all been arranged beforehand

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Got a raw deal in Indianapolis too IMO.

He's still my lead dog in the race. He won't be coaching the Bears in 2030, but he can set this team on the right path in 2022.

I'd be more excited for a Morocco Brown/Jim Caldwell combo than 99% of Bear Nation I bet.
If this happens you are personally responsible for the Bears success.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
If George and Ted announce Jim Harbaugh as the Coach of the Chicago Bears they should do a Mic drop and walk off like Bosses-

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this happens you are personally responsible for the Bears success.

As a moderator of the most successful Chicago Bears message board in the history of everything, I would totally have volunteered for a consultant position long ago to tell the McCaskeys that Ryan Pace is an idiot and Chris Ballard is not...which would have spared us the current shitshow the Bears are in.

Apparently "internet weirdos" were not valued highly on their list of confidants....hence why you are here and not on the "official" website anymore.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
As a moderator of the most successful Chicago Bears message board in the history of everything, I would totally have volunteered for a consultant position long ago to tell the McCaskeys that Ryan Pace is an idiot and Chris Ballard is not...which would have spared us the current shitshow the Bears are in.

Apparently "internet weirdos" were not valued highly on their list of confidants....hence why you are here and not on the "official" website anymore.
That's a shame. Internet weirdos are undefeated.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope he is wrong but probably not.

All HCs remaining in championship games are offensive assistants or coordinators.

Shanahan, Reid, McVey, Taylor

3 of 4 in Championship games in 2020 were from offensive side of ball

McDermott, Reid, LaFleur, Arians

3 of 4 in championship games in 2019 were from offensive side of ball

Reid, Shanahan, Lafleur, Vrabel

At least recently the odds are better if you have an offensive minded hc and a decent qb. maybe no correlation, but want some continuity on offensive side of ball.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
He’s also saying something that was reported last week. They prefer to hire the GM first.
I haven't been overreacting enough to the latest tweet of the moment, so I'm thinking of changing that.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
That’s the thing. A good OC, let alone a good HC, adapts and coaches up the players he has. Not do the same things and hope they work with the players he does have, because he know nothing else.
The Rams missing Whitworth didn't seem to bother them, stop with the excuses.