***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have 0 2nd interviews with offensive guys. So much for them trying to convince everyone they had no prerequisite

Rise

Liked Posts:
They should have just kept Pace and let him hire a new coach.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
look it may not be totally bad. We don't know who Eberflus or Dan Quin will have as OCs. McDermott is a defensive guy who does well with a great offense as well. It's possible to develop Fields with a great OC. Also, Caldwell may not be that bad for Fields.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The 4 teams left in the playoffs all offensive guys says otherwise.

While that is true for this year, it hasn't been true of most any other year. There is generally at least one and sometimes more than one team with a defensive minded head coach in the conference championship games. You can argue a lot of that get skewed by Belichick, but if you want to go by coaches in the final 4 then you have to also include Rivera, Vrabel, McDermott, Zimmer, Quinn, and Carroll in the last 8-9 years. They all made it to conference championship games.

Personally, I would prefer an offensive minded head coach, but it's not an automatic that they will get it done and it's not automatic that a HC from the defensive side of the ball cannot be successful.

Rise

Liked Posts:
look it may not be totally bad. We don't know who Eberflus or Dan Quin will have as OCs. McDermott is a defensive guy who does well with a great offense as well. It's possible to develop Fields with a great OC. Also, Caldwell may not be that bad for Fields.

then the guy leaves for a permanent job like Shanahan did. Do you think the Falcons should have fired Quinn and kept him after the Super Bowl? I do. The guy was completely worthless without Kyle Shannahan and even if he does find the next one he will leave! This sucks!

Canth

Liked Posts:
then the guy leaves for a permanent job like Shanahan did. Do you think the Falcons should have fired Quinn and kept him after the Super Bowl? I do. The guy was completely worthless without Kyle Shannahan and even if he does find the next one he will leave! This sucks!

That is definitely a concern.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Dan Quinn is at the Leslie Frasier level in my book.

Eberflus or Caldwell I could be alright with in the right situation. Eberflus with Caldwell as OC, that would work for me.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dan Quinn is at the Leslie Frasier level in my book.

Eberflus or Caldwell I could be alright with in the right situation. Eberflus with Caldwell as OC, that would work for me.
This really looks like what is in the works here with the Polian connection - I'm still holding on by small chance Harbaugh emerges last second..

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quinn is a charismatic and likable guy. I don't like how bad his defenses were in ATL though. Who knows what his plan is for an offensive staff. I wouldn't love it but also wouldn't hate it if he brought the right staff along.