OT: Brian Kelly leaving Golden Domeland for the Bayou

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
He really didn't do anything wrong. It's not his fault the report got out before he could tell the players
Good point, but I would have instructed LSU to keep it quiet..But who knows if they would

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

greg23

Liked Posts:
You don't think an elite SEC team is an upgrade from ND? I guess we'll see how he's doing at LSU in a couple years

Alabama and Georgia are elite

The rest are come and go or horseshit

Lsu has a title...nd has more playoff appearances and is in the mix again this year.

Its not a job upgrade....its a pay upgrade

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Lsu has a title...nd has more playoff appearances and is in the mix again this year.

ND fans are just entitled and think that is some prestigious coaching job

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’ve never thought he was a good coach. Always seemed to get blown out by very good teams. Welcome to the land of teams like UGA and Bama. He will be exposed by the end of his first season.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’ve never thought he was a good coach. Always seemed to get blown out by very good teams. Welcome to the land of teams like UGA and Bama. He will be exposed by the end of his first season.
He gets blown out by really good teams because they are infinitely more talented than ND's roster every year

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not sure LSU is going to be a great fit for Kelly culturally, although I'm guessing he figured it would give him a better chance at an NC someday. I think there's a better chance that LSU essentially becomes a Texas A&M level program under Kelly than a NC contender.

I think Luke Fickell is going to be high on ND's list. Marcus Freeman has been fantastic as DC for ND, and Fickell can slide right in (Freeman came from Cincinnati under Fickell) while Freeman continues to groom. If that happens I'd expect them to not miss a beat really.
LSU can say what others can’t.
“Our last three head coaches won a National Championship here.”

That’s insane.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like ND is hiring Freeman. Nice ballsy hire imo.
From the sounds of things- they'll need to as he's primarily responsible for most of their recruits on defense. If they don't promote and he leaves they'll lose most/if not all of their recruits on D for this year and next.

I think Freeman can do very very well.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

THREE straight head coach hires at LSU won national championships. Georgia last won one decades ago.