OT: Daboll impressive. Bills O is nuts

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I will admit I shouldnt have said their offense wasn’t “explosive” or whatever term I used. I dont recall. they have a good offense. But c’mon. Dallas is all offense and no defense. They’re your classic version of a team that was built for offense that plays no defense. Although their D has gotten better this year. And I know that seems like I’m making excuses and dismissing Kellen Moore’s contribution. But that is a loaded team on offense. They’re damn near elite at almost every offensive position and a lot of guys could go in there and be successful OC’s.

And honestly I have nothing against Moore. My only trepidation is that he’s way too raw. He is not ready to be a HC. Being a head coach is way more than just being able to draw up offensive plays. I have real trouble believing that guy has the experience it takes to actually run a locker room with how long he’s been coaching.
Fair enough.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
That’s because you don’t know how to take things into context. John Fox was the least risky too. You fuckin clown.

He was? According to who? Most thought he was an over the hill retread. You just keep making shit up though.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh has not changed at all to overcome his failures as a coach. Him going to the super bowl is irrelevant because I can name failed coaches who went to a super bowl that nobody wants here. Y’all want Lovie back?

His failures? What are his failures, being a successful coach who wins games? What are you even talking about?

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I would be fine with Dabboll, but I rather get a defensive minded coach. If Fields is an all-pro like we all hope, he will figure it out eventually given time. If he is Josh Rosen then no amount of coaching and development will save him.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I post FACTS and @EDPeezy calls them spin. ?‍♂️

I changed my tune there.

it’s still slightly misleading. and you’re obviously cherry picking stats. You found their most impressive metric and highlighted it. Defensive ranks are based on yards. You went and found a metric that makes them look better and ignored the standard metric used to gauge a defense.

They actually have the 18th ranked defense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I changed my tune there.

it’s still slightly misleading. and you’re obviously cherry picking stats. You found their most impressive metric and highlighted it. Defensive ranks are based on yards. You went and found a metric that makes them look better and ignored the standard metric used to gauge a defense.
LOL. Yeah, points given up is a TERRIBLE stat for a defense.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
LOL. Yeah, points given up is a TERRIBLE stat for a defense.

I already said in my last post I don’t like just going off yards allowed. So there is validity to pointing out they were 7th in points allowed. It’s you cherry picking stats, but whatever. They’re 18th in yards allowed. you conveniently ignored that even though it’s the standard metric. They also had the easiest schedule in the league.

Dallas does have an improved defense. Their defense isn’t good though. And a lot of what’s improved about it looks to be the result of an extremely favorable schedule. Parsons is good. I can’t deny he’s made them better. A lot of Dallas‘ stats appear to be smoke and mirrors thPugh. Easy ass schedule. Running up scores at times so Dak can get his stats. IDK. The stats would make you think they are elite. Meanwhile all the smart money is going on the 49ers today.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His failures? What are his failures, being a successful coach who wins games? What are you even talking about?
Nagy won games ? How about constantly clashing with his GM and fellow coaches? Being an ass to his players? Getting fucked be Ohio State for years? Constant losses to the SEC? Want to keep going? Is he a good coach, yes. Is he this demigod that has multiple championships some days f y’all are making him out to be? No

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
EDPeezy,

I don’t know how you could have watched the Bears the last four years and like Matt Nagy. How many times do you have to see losses manifest through the same shortcomings in scheme, play calling, discipline, lack of accountability, stubbornness, lack of aggressiveness, bottom third to bottom 6th offenses, lack of player development, player packages signaling plays, audibles always to runs, 6 yard passes on third and 8, no clue in the red zone, etc, etc, etc.

Matt Nagy had dubious experience prior to his HC hiring, and was a TOTAL AND COMPLETE FAILURE ????at establishing a competent NFL offense, and bringing the Bears closer to winning the SB.

sorry about yelling there.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Dude just take the L and move on. :ROFLMAO:

take the L for what? You cherry picking stats? The standard metric for ranking defense is yards allowed. The Dallas cowboys are 18th in defense. I’m sure you looked this up and it didn‘t fit into your narrative so you had to go and find a metric to cherry pick. Are you denying that you cherry picked that stat? Why are you ignoring yards allowed? Why are you ignoring the metric everbody uses to rank defense?

you’re acting as if Dallas is this great team and using that to champion kellen Moore because you’re fared Justin will fail,unless he has the next guru to save him. So you’re here cherry picking stats and shit like that. I conceded things. Dallas has an improved defense. It’s still not good and you cherry picking stats won’t change that. and attempting to eliminate context doesn’t change that. They had the easiest schedule in the league, their defense despite that is only ranked 18th. Parsons and Diggs are good players who have improved that team. But you’re attempting to spin the reality of what that defense is. There is a reason why everybody is putting their money on the 49ers. If this Dallas team was elite as you want to make people think by cherry picking stats then the line wouldn’t be moving the way it is in their game today.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Nagy won games ? How about constantly clashing with his GM and fellow coaches? Being an ass to his players? Getting fucked be Ohio State for years? Constant losses to the SEC? Want to keep going? Is he a good coach, yes. Is he this demigod that has multiple championships some days f y’all are making him out to be? N
Im not huge on getting Harbaugh. i dont think there’s any chance they get him anyway. He’s trying to get more money out of Michigan. And I totally get that he can be difficult to work with. I also think he’s probably the least risky candidate because he has a track record of success. He’s been good everywhere he has been.

I think it’s funny that you‘re ignoring how he wins and are concerned about his relationships with his GM. Or how he’s mean to players. Lol, okay. You dont care about that stuff. it’s just something you’re latching into because you can point to it as a negative.

Im also not a Big10 guy and i know a lot of you are. I can’t speak for you specifically but it’s obvious some of you let your college allegiances form your opinions on guys. and I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a contingent of anti Michigan people here and thats really what this is all about.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I agree, I don't see Harbaugh coming to Chicago or any NFL job this year. He likes to win and none of these destinations offer that immediate possibility. I could see him coaxing some more money from Michigan and leaving in a few years once a better opportunity in the NFL comes along, especially considering he just had his best Michigan team yet.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
EDPeezy,

I don’t know how you could have watched the Bears the last four years and like Matt Nagy. How many times do you have to see losses manifest through the same shortcomings in scheme, play calling, discipline, lack of accountability, stubbornness, lack of aggressiveness, bottom third to bottom 6th offenses, lack of player development, player packages signaling plays, audibles always to runs, 6 yard passes on third and 8, no clue in the red zone, etc, etc, etc.

Matt Nagy had dubious experience prior to his HC hiring, and was a TOTAL AND COMPLETE FAILURE ????at establishing a competent NFL offense, and bringing the Bears closer to winning the SB.

sorry about yelling there.

this is mostly meaningless drivel. It’s just sort of broad negative terms you can apply to anybody where things aren’t going great.

You make it sound as if his tenure was adisaster. Complete hogwash and hyperbole. He went to the playoffs 2 of the 4 years. I know you desperately want to ignore this fact because it doesn’t fit into your narrative that Matt nagy is the worst head coach in nfl history. but it happened. And your over the top drama queen rants dont change that. I’ve seen complete disasters. Literally the two coaches before him were that. I’m not going g to lie to myself and exist in some fantasy world where his tenure was anything like Fox and Trestman. Winning 3 games a year is a disaster. Being arguably the worst team in the league for multiple seasons is a disaster. Nagy was never that. And the sad reality is this team is,
probably going to suck again next year and you’ll have to find a new scapegoat to blame. Who will it be? Who are you going to throw under the bus next year? The rookie head coach? The front office? The QB?

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this is mostly meaningless drivel. It’s just sort of broad negative terms you can apply to anybody where things aren’t going great.

You make it sound as if his tenure was adisaster. Complete hogwash and hyperbole. He went to the playoffs 2 of the 4 years. I know you desperately want to ignore this fact because it doesn’t fit into your narrative that Matt nagy is the worst head coach in nfl history. but it happened. And your over the top drama queen rants dont change that. I’ve seen complete disasters. Literally the two coaches before him were that. I’m not going g to lie to myself and exist in some fantasy world where his tenure was anything like Fox and Trestman. Winning 3 games a year is a disaster. Being arguably the worst team in the league for multiple seasons is a disaster. Nagy was never that. And the sad reality is this team is,
probably going to suck again next year and you’ll have to find a new scapegoat to blame. Who will it be? Who are you going to throw under the bus next year? The rookie head coach? The front office? The QB?
All right, never mind. I should have known better than to engage you.