OT: Stafford: Great or Nah?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
“ I’m a huge Stafford fan and have been for a long time,” Rodgers said Tuesday on the Pat McAfee Show. “We played against him for so many years. He’s one of the most gifted throwers in football, definitely of my generation. I’m a fan. He’s a tough dude and has played through some crazy injuries. I’m a big fan and he’s having a really nice season.”

That's your boy Aaron commenting on Stafford "Anyclue?"
He was complimentary of every Bears Qb too hahahahaha

great point!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s likely true that Mathew Stanford has had many dozens more comeback “opportunities”than Brady.

so that stat tells us what?
84 and 88 comebacks…

but 84 of 150 qualifying “comeback” opportunities vs 88 of 120?

I mean I need to know more before I decide what that stat is telling me because as the lions QB Stanford probably trailed late in 75% of games or more. I’m guessing Brady like 35% or less….
Fuck stats. Detroit is a shit franchise. Mahomes isn't Mahomes with a shit franchise like that. Brady doesn't go from late round pick to GOAT with a shit franchise like that. Not even saying Stafford is among the very best but he's a lot better than many want to give him credit for.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do Lions fans feels about him winning a Super Bowl in his FIRST attempt without them?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh, how they go about acquiring the talent wasn't the discussion, your moving the goal post. The point I was making was that the Bucs have every bit of an All star cast as the Rams. So do the Packers.

On another note, the Bucs situation for next year is far from rosey.

Bucs already have $183 million in cap space committed to players for 2022 (per @spotrac), and that doesn't count the acceleration from voidable years that can kick in. Bucs will not be able to keep the roster intact the same way after this season.

free agents, including WR Chris Godwin, CB Carlton Davis, OL Ryan Jensen, and S Jordan Whitehead. all need to be signed or replaced, and that is not to mention Gronk, or Suh if they wish to return.
*You’re* and no I’m not moving goal post. The Bucs after this season can still build through the draft, the Rams cannot. The Rams have already been to the Super Bowl with Goff so Stafford was acquired to basically win it for them so they already had success. They created a super roster so if Stafford doesn’t win a super bowl he’ll look worse than he did in Detroit imo

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
*You’re* and no I’m not moving goal post. The Bucs after this season can still build through the draft, the Rams cannot. The Rams have already been to the Super Bowl with Goff so Stafford was acquired to basically win it for them so they already had success. They created a super roster so if Stafford doesn’t win a super bowl he’ll look worse than he did in Detroit imo
The Rams will have up to 8 draft picks in the 2022 draft according to reports.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That last pass to Kupp to set up the winning FG was one of the prettiest throws I've seen in quite some time.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck stats. Detroit is a shit franchise. Mahomes isn't Mahomes with a shit franchise like that. Brady doesn't go from late round pick to GOAT with a shit franchise like that. Not even saying Stafford is among the very best but he's a lot better than many want to give him credit for.
Stafford isn’t trash but he isn’t elite at all. He can’t make a team look better than they actually are

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
He's very good. But great? Elite? Nah, those terms are reserved for what we saw last night at Arrowhead stadium from those two young QBs.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Rams will have up to 8 draft picks in the 2022 draft according to reports.
They have three but can get four due to comp picks. Again they mortgaged their future for a shot at glory this year

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do Lions fans feels about him winning a Super Bowl in his FIRST attempt without them?
Honestly, it is about a 50-50 split.

Some want that for him and think he deserves it ( I am in that group)

Others only concerned about the draft pick or betrayed the Lions. (fools)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a load of crap that is.

I guess you didn't pay any attention to the fact Goff only scored 3 points (the worst ever) in the SB, and essentailly sucked ass the following two years?

And if the Rams would have lost that game to the Bucs, it would have been Staffords fault?

GTFO

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What a load of crap that is.

I guess you didn't pay any attention to the fact Goff only scored 3 points (the worst ever) in the SB, and essentailly sucked ass the following two years?

And if the Rams would have lost that game to the Bucs, it would have been Staffords fault?

GTFO
This Rams team hasn’t even made the SB yet lol. Stafford literally just caught up to Cutler in getting to the NFC Championship game and I didn’t even mention the how he played V the Bucs but let’s not pretend Stafford hasn’t thrown soul crushing picks before. Your revisionist history with Stafford making him look like a hero is pretty amusing

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They have three but can get four due to comp picks. Again they mortgaged their future for a shot at glory this year
The Rams can and will rebuild thru the draft this year. Many ways to acquire draft capital.
At least they have a shot at glory. We mortgaged our future to come in 3 rd place. They will be a good team next year as well. And probably the next as well. Their future looks better than ours sitting right here and now.

Last edited: