Omar Khan and Morocco Brown Today (EVP + GM?)

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Get it done pac. . . . I mean George.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Sign….me……up.

Polian deserves a raise if this happens.
I doubt that happens, but I do think these 2 are “finalists”, along with Ryan Pac….I mean Ryan Poles.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They've clearly said they weren't going with this type of dynamic. Why does anyone think that's going to be different. Everyone says they're cheap, but now they're going to be so convinced to hire two people instead of just one?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
They've clearly said they weren't going with this type of dynamic. Why does anyone think that's going to be different. Everyone says they're cheap, but now they're going to be so convinced to hire two people instead of just one?
Polian is that dude ?

Curiois if Khan being available changed their approach.

Highly doubt it, but sign me up if true!!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure you're right about this. They said that they aren't going to do a football Czar, which I read to be somebody above Ted and George.

I don't see the issue with them hiring a GM/Coordinator of Football type of guy and an assistant GM. If I remember correctly, Dodds cited a reason for leaving was a line of questioning where they said that they were looking for an assistant GM-type of role. Again, this is inferencing on my part, but I think the Bears could make this paring happen.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure you're right about this. They said that they aren't going to do a football Czar, which I read to be somebody above Ted and George.

I don't see the issue with them hiring a GM/Coordinator of Football type of guy and an assistant GM. If I remember correctly, Dodds cited a reason for leaving was a line of questioning where they said that they were looking for an assistant GM-type of role. Again, this is inferencing on my part, but I think the Bears could make this paring happen.
How could someone be over the owner?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

They were talks that Dodd backed out because the role was more than GM scouting type duties, which is what Dodd likes and wants. He didn't want a Football Operations type gig.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How could someone be over the owner?
In general, and from what I can infer, it's basically what a football president does. They report to ownership. For ownership to step in and make a decision is to fire them. Of course, ownership can do what they do because they own the team, but the corporate structure of the NFL lends me to understand that the "Football Czar" runs the show and ownership's hands off.

Again, this is my understanding. It's really difficult finding out exactly how a team is run. I think it's akin to being proprietary.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In general, and from what I can infer, it's basically what a football president does. They report to ownership. For ownership to step in and make a decision is to fire them. Of course, ownership can do what they do because they own the team, but the corporate structure of the NFL lends me to understand that the "Football Czar" runs the show and ownership's hands off.

Again, this is my understanding. It's really difficult finding out exactly how a team is run. I think it's akin to being proprietary.
You said they would be over the owner. That's impossible.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You said they would be over the owner. That's impossible.

Well, it's relative, right?

The are over the owner in terms of running the football team. The CEO of the team. Yes, the shareholders own a corporation, but the CEO runs it, in the broadest sense of the terms and as an analogy. So, that's my understanding of it.

Yes, relative to running the team, the President, in general, is above the ownership. Once ownership steps in, that usually spells the end of the president, especially since they don't want to lose power by getting their toes stepped on.

So, you are correct that the owner actually owns the team, as the shareholders own the company, but, relative to running it, I'd express it as the President/Czar (Bears' words) is above the owner. Again, it's not like there are published blueprints explaining how everything works. I'm just trying to figure it out, too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well, it's relative, right?

The are over the owner in terms of running the football team. The CEO of the team. Yes, the shareholders own a corporation, but the CEO runs it, in the broadest sense of the terms and as an analogy. So, that's my understanding of it.

Yes, relative to running the team, the President, in general, is above the ownership. Once ownership steps in, that usually spells the end of the president, especially since they don't want to lose power by getting their toes stepped on.

So, you are correct that the owner actually owns the team, as the shareholders own the company, but, relative to running it, I'd express it as the President/Czar (Bears' words) is above the owner. Again, it's not like there are published blueprints explaining how everything works. I'm just trying to figure it out, too.
Oh, I get it now.

You're stupid.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Would be great if it happened, and if not the Khan/Brown combo some type of organizational restructure with a head of football operations. Someone to take over the role of Ted Phillips.