Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Plays were made and the game ended in a draw after regulation. Then one team never got a chance to make a play.
So sad so bad.

THATS THE RULES.

Everyone plays by the same set of rules in regulation and overtime during the regular season and playoffs.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've loved sudden death for the longest time, but the football fan in me thinks it's time for this sort of change. We've already got an 18 week season. What's another 15 minutes to find the real winner of the playoff games?
Exactly. Just keep playing like it’s another half of football except you are doing it in quarters. If you had the ball starting the 2nd half the other team gets the ball to start the 3rd half. Other than that it is what it is.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Why not just give them another 15 minutes. Period?
I think the rules are that way because of concern for seemingly never ending games and risk of injury and/or a team playing an extra 1 or 2 quarters and being drained for the next game.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the rules are that way because of concern for seemingly never ending games and risk of injury and/or a team playing an extra 1 or 2 quarters and being drained for the next game.
Yeah, I hear you, but if we're talking playoffs, what's another 15 minutes. They aren't going to play for a WEEK right? And what are the odds that they tie AGAIN? I mean, they do it in basketball, right?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
So sad so bad.

THATS THE RULES.

Everyone plays by the same set of rules in regulation and overtime during the regular season and playoffs.
No shit. The point thats being made is the rule set up sucks and what would be a better alternative.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No shit. The point thats being made is the rule set up sucks and what would be a better alternative.
Of the 163 OT games (regular season + playoffs) under the current OT rules,….. ONLY 35 …….of the 163 were decided by TDs on the first possession of overtime. 21.5%
Don’t tell me coin flips are deciding games in OT. Strategy and execution does .

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Of the 163 OT games (regular season + playoffs) under the current OT rules,….. ONLY 35 …….of the 163 were decided by TDs on the first possession of overtime. 21.5%
Don’t tell me coin flips are deciding games in OT. Strategy and execution does .
So youre ok with a coin flip deciding 1 out of every 5 games. Ok. Its still bullshit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not just give them another 15 minutes. Period?
I think the best part about this simplicity is the players hate extra reps they don’t get paid for, and you would see teams stop trying to tie, and take the better analytical play if you have a good QB, and go for 2. Win or lose.

we would still get the OTs like chiefs game however but it would reduce them.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So youre ok with a coin flip deciding 1 out of every 5 games. Ok. Its still bullshit.
It’s not bullshit. The coin flip has nothing to do with the play on the field. If the NFL is ok with it I’m ok with it.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn’t know they flipped a coin with 13 seconds left that gave KC 3 points
Agreed…….some people think teams should get compensated for letting the other tie the game with 13 seconds left. It makes you wonder why they even watch the game

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Agreed…….some people think teams should get compensated for letting the other tie the game with 13 seconds left. It makes you wonder why they even watch the game
You are without a doubt one of the absolute dumbest posters on here. A complete head in your ass imbecile. The part that i get a good laugh over is how oblivious you are to it. ?? I mean , holy shit bro.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You are without a doubt one of the absolute dumbest posters on here. A complete head in your ass imbecile. The part that i get a good laugh over is how oblivious you are to it. ?? I mean , holy shit bro.
5049A76F-3991-4AC1-B629-9EC4B8C0D000.jpeg

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The easiest answer is to just play extra quarters until there is a winner for playoff games. Don’t really care about regular season overtime rules.
To be honest, baseball does it. You play extra innings or quarters until the score favors one team.

Either that or equal possessions, like college. It's not over till you mom sings. Coin flip holds over from regulation, if you want to save even more network airtime, otherwise reflip... like your mom.

(just kidding about the mom jokes, had to do it)

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wtf? Are you 15? The only response that wouldve been more lame is a your mom joke. Bro, let it go. STop embarrassing yourself.
Embarrassing is you fucking crying about a rule that is just fine like it’s the end of the world. Bro.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Josh Allen shouldve had a chance to win or tie that game and because of some shit idiotic OT rules we were all robbed of an epic drive. An all time classic game that went out with a wimper. Its simple, overtime each team gets at least one possession. After that its sudden death. Why is this so difficult?
For those that dont agree, PROVE ME WRONG!!!
There are tons of suggestions on if this needs to change and if so how to do it. I had not heard anything that made me stop and think until I heard a fan called into the Dan Patrick show when I was in the car earlier today and his idea makes some sense. The idea is whoever wins the opening coin toss chooses like now but at the start of the 2nd half the other team gets to decide if they want to defer instead of just having to get the ball, if they defer they get the ball first if the game goes to OT and it's a sudden death game. It's gamble but adds some strategy to the whole thing. What do you think?