Report: If hired by the #Giants for the GM position, Joe Schoen’s number one target will be Brian Daboll to become the HC per source.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Call his bluff.

At this point, you don't want to be forced into a decision. If you lose out on Daboll, so be it - not sure Daboll will have success with the Giants and no QB...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't agree with the Bears shotgun approach to GM and HC hiring.

Identify the most qualifed candidates and interview them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kind of putting the cart before the horse here...

That said, I would venture a guess that means Daniel Jones is done if Schoen is hired.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of putting the cart before the horse here...

That said, I would venture a guess that means Daniel Jones is done if Schoen is hired.
Probably, but he's cheap enough to keep while bringing in Mitch to compete for the first year.

It would still give Daniel Jones a chance to keep the job, but agreed...Daboll would probably prefer Mitch.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Probably, but he's cheap enough to keep while bringing in Mitch to compete for the first year.

It would still give Daniel Jones a chance to keep the job, but agreed...Daboll would probably prefer Mitch.
Well Daboll would want his guy. That doesn't have to be Mitch, but they also have two top 10 picks this April.

I can't remember where they got that second one....

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Daboll likes Mitch enough to bring him with as a starter elsewhere, that's enough for me to be fine without him...
It looks to me that it will break this way and if it does neither will mind losing your endorsement

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Daboll would want his guy. That doesn't have to be Mitch, but they also have two top 10 picks this April.

I can't remember where they got that second one....
We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't be too thrilled about touching a QB from this draft.

Had Field stayed at Ohio State...he'd be the #1 pick of this draft. You give #20 & #7 in back to back years with the swap of later picks any day of the week for the #1 overall pick.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Athletic’s Bills reporter was on Hoge and Jahns this week and said Joe Schoen is an incredibly impressive and well-spoken person. Sounds like the kind of guy the McCaskeys might take a liking to. The same reporter likewise said Schoen would likely bring Daboll with him wherever he goes.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I'm confused. That's literally what they are doing. So what's the problem other than being impatient?
I think they cast too broad of a net, especially without a GM in place. Its just too much to accomplish when you have other teams picking off the top candidates.

In the big scheme of things, the GM is far more important than the head coach, and I hope they move on this as quickly as they can.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You can't remember what you thought or heard? And you post about it?