SI: 2022 HC candidate list - extensive list including college and dark-horses

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's odd that some of you guys would instantly agree if I said the Lions are never getting Brian Daboll...but you cannot see it with the Bears.

The Bears organization is just slightly less comical than the Lions.

I dont even want Daboll. He has been terrible before

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
That point was that the Bears won't spend money. I listed examples of the Bears spending money. The Bears aren't cheap and they at times are very aggressive. They got Wanny, they got Nagy, they've went after big free agents. You missed the point.
Oh, sorry. Thank God we got Nagy...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The consensus around the web (this site and Twitter) seems to be:

- Don't want the "hot" name just because he's the hot name
- Don't want a glorified playcaller who hasn't proved he's a leader
- Want someone with HC experience
- Someone with the potential to build a strong staff

The sneaky name that fits a lot of this criteria is Raheem Morris. People like Josh McDaniels and think he needs a second chance, but like McDaniels, Morris was a HC at a very young age and without a ton of experience. He was the outside the box candidate, who the Bucs was hoping would be their Mike Tomlin. He had a bad 1st year on a rebuilding team where he played 3 different QBs. He won 10 games his 2nd year with Josh Freeman having a huge years. Third year, they started 4-2 and then lost 10 straight to end the year and Freeman was a disaster. He got a chance as interim for Atlanta and went 4-7 after Dan Quinn started the year 0-5. 5 of the 7 losses were by less than 5 points.

The biggest issue is Morris couldn't build a staff back then. But since then, he's coached in Atlanta with Kyle Shanahan and the LaFleur brothers. He coached Leftwich his final year in Tampa. And he's now the DC for Sean McVay. So he has ties to some of the top offensive minds in the league right now. Obviously, he's not getting any of those guys as his OC, but he certainly has a chance to pull in the next in the line of these type of OCs.

The Rams also have a bunch of interesting young coaches on their staff. Kevin O'Connell is the OC, but could be a guy that makes a lateral move simply because he would get a chance to call plays. Former NFL QB, who has a good future in coaching. They also have Zac Robinson on the staff who is a former NFL QB. Also have Wade Phillips' and Aaron Kromer's sons and Don Shula's grandson on their staffs. So there's a pretty good chance he would be a much better coach the 2nd time around.