Something positive: Herbert.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Herbert brings a different element to the RB position. He's more of the one cut, downhill runner that can accelerate quickly through a hole and get upfield in a hurry. Montgomery is more of a pounder that can get yards after contact.
Herbert brings a little more homerun ability with the acceleration and speed. From what I have seen they both do pretty well after contact. As bad as the Bears have been in pass pro Herbert will probably get his carries cut significantly when Monty returns because somebody has got to help in pass pro.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Problem is, you still need a passing game to do that, which the Bears don't have.
You need to pass a few times, for a few yards, that’s it. Don’t need a great or even good passing game, just decent enough. They should be able to have at least that.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
You need to pas a few times, for a few yards, that’s it. Don’t need a great or even good passing game, just decent enough. They should be able to have at least that.
Agree!! I want Fields to be better than a rookie, I will freely admit that, but reality has smacked us in the face. He is still a rookie and if we are going to have him in there he should be asked to do 1 read and then an outlet (RB/TE). Make the game simple when it comes to pass plays, and continue to run the ball (which we have done fairly well).

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Herbert a lot. He needs to work on his pass pro a bit though.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
What he did to the Bucs #1 run defense was very promising,he has looked great in all the games he has played,vision and his ability to break tackles is far superior to most starting back in the league..

Fuck Matt Nagy

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I wish it would not have taken a Monty injury for the coaching staff to figure this out. Herbert really did not get the opportunity until then.
This coaching staff can’t evaluate talent for shit. Another way they are incompetent. These are the same people who thought Rashaad Coward should ever see an NFL field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In addition to great vision, I have seen some acceleration. When you see a rookie that doesn't look like one, you know you have something.

They haven't used him much in the passing game, so hands may be suspect, we don't know.

He brings a little bit more of a dynamic element to the running game with his acceleration versus Monty. I really like watching him run.
RB is one of those spots where rookies can prevail and it's the same upfield burst he showed in college. I'm just so happy Lazor is doing what Hebert does best with outside zone and giving him that momentum he needs to do his thing. He's a momentum runner. Montgomery is actually better inside, in traffic and when there's no hole. The OL is doing a better job blocking outside zone.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Herbert over 150 yards rushing today

#calledit

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
With a better strategist, a good run game can set up more wide open receivers, a big pass play, and domination. Bears don't have that though.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears could have the best receiving back in the NFL and would never know.. they never use them.