Teven Jenkins Could Solidify the Bears Offensive Line

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Biggest issues are Danny T & Trufant(if Quinn comes back healthy)
Agreed. If Quinn comes back healthy and plays the way he can/should play, then the front 4 might help mask Danny T a little bit. But I also see the Bears playing more nickel this year with Goldman back for the run game.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Also dont see Miller in the slot. I think Miller is off the team before September
Miller is the biggest unknown for me this season. A part of me wants him to turn it around but the other part of me wants Dazz to shine

Canth

Liked Posts:
I could be not remembering it correctly, but I thought Trevathan got better as the year went on. Essentially, I thought he just started the season not in very good game shape. So, hopefully a full offseason, training camp, and some preseason will have him start better and at least be serviceable while providing veteran leadership.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Miller is the biggest unknown for me this season. A part of me wants him to turn it around but the other part of me wants Dazz to shine

As I said elsewhere, I want Miller to have an awesome, final season with the Bears. And then he can get a big FA contract with someone else and the Bears get a good comp pick.

Canth

Liked Posts:
On the actual main point of this thread though, I really do hope that Teven Jenkins solidifies the line. He should get some help with having Whitehair next to him. I thought it was a bit premature to get rid of Leno before really looking at Jenkins at LT, but I am now ok with it. Just being serviceable puts him as a 1-1 replacement of Leno and unlocking any of his potential his rookie year will be an improvement.

It will be interesting to see how Borom does as well, although I expect Ifedi to be the starting RT.

Both Jenkins and Borom strike me as guys that will really benefit from working with NFL strength and conditioning coaches and programs. They have the size and good base to start with and now they need to refine and tone their muscle mass. Combine that with improving their technique and they could be real beasts for the future.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe Anthony Miller will stop mailing it in with Fields behind Center. If not, Dazz Newsome has a sweet name. So it's whatever.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Millers issues are effort related though better QBs should help all the WRs. Miller looks committed this off season but we see him pumping weights etc when he should have somebody throwing him balls on the move and away from his body to work on hand position and running through catches. Route work.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If Jenkins was penciled in as the RT, would you feel like the Bears gave up too much?

I think they fully intend to have him as a LT unless he completely fails and then they will move him to RT.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Biggest issues are Danny T & Trufant(if Quinn comes back healthy)
Hoge and Jahns were talking on their last podcast about how the Bears seem to already be downplaying expectations for Quinn. One of them said Bears would be happy with 5-6 sacks from him. ?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have an out on his deal after this year. Hope we don't need to use it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine if Bears have their franchise guys at LT & QB with Jenkins and Fields on rookie deals.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Imagine if Bears have their franchise guys at LT & QB with Jenkins and Fields on rookie deals.
Even if Jenkins shakes out as a good/very good RT, I'll take that. Seems like it's been eons since we've had an above average tackle.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Even if Jenkins shakes out as a good/very good RT, I'll take that. Seems like it's been eons since we've had an above average tackle.
To be fair I think Peters has been above average but the rest of the line makes it almost unnoticeable

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think you put Jenkins at RT next year. You know he has played that at a high level. Hopefully Borom can man the LT spot next year. They should in any event draft a LT high or sign an elite one (Armstead) in FA.

Im sick of this team shuffling players on the OL out of position.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
To be fair I think Peters has been above average but the rest of the line makes it almost unnoticeable
Peters has been able to maul in the run game. He’s definitely held up pretty well considering his age. Garrett obviously undressed him but he is a complete stud coming into his prime.

RT has been an issue all year. It would be ideal to get both Jenkins and Borom on the field to see what they potentially have in these guys.

If they both turn out to be good players, the Bears might have something to build on. A young QB with bookend tackles out of one draft…

No question they have to address center in the off-season.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Peters has been able to maul in the run game. He’s definitely held up pretty well considering his age. Garrett obviously undressed him but he is a complete stud coming into his prime.

RT has been an issue all year. It would be ideal to get both Jenkins and Borom on the field to see what they potentially have in these guys.

If they both turn out to be good players, the Bears might have something to build on. A young QB with bookend tackles out of one draft…

No question they have to address center in the off-season.
Yeah im really all in on Bozeman. Having a legitimate stud C can have a drastic impact on the rest of the line.