The Bears have never fired a coach in season. If you are Ryan pace, do you make history to try to save your ass?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just curious. I got a feeling naggy is gone at the end of the season but the question remains whether Pace will ride or die with him.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I dont think Ryan Pace has teh authority to make that decision. Ownerships #1 goal is to not rock the boat and cost people their jobs. They only move when things become a media circus which firing a coach midseason definitely starts you down that road - Ownership is happy to endure a shitty season and quietly show people the door on black Monday.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I would have to imagine pace is in the hot seat as well and firing nagy will only lead to an interim coach midseason. Do you really want to see lazor or desai at head coach? Not worth it in my opinion. Just wait until next season.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I dont think Ryan Pace has teh authority to make that decision. Ownerships #1 goal is to not rock the boat and cost people their jobs. They only move when things become a media circus which firing a coach midseason definitely starts you down that road - Ownership is happy to endure a shitty season and quietly show people the door on black Monday.

Then my question is this - IF you know as Ryan Pace, you will be fired at the end of the season, do you make a shrewd move and fire Nagy mid-season, so that when you are fired, you can spin it to your favor to try to land another NFL job?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who takes over? Who is this magical coach on the staff that fixes things? Or are you talking about someone outside the organization?

I mean all the offense staff is complicit in my mind. So not sure how switching one idiot for another really helps?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If we keep getting embarrassed by teams, you just never know....

If we get curb stomped by either of the next two teams it might just happen.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who takes over? Who is this magical coach on the staff that fixes things? Or are you talking about someone outside the organization?

I mean all the offense staff is complicit in my mind. So not sure how switching one idiot for another really helps?

Mike Pettine has been a HC before and is on staff - he gets orders to toss the playbook and focus on protecting fields. Every coach in the building gets told they can simplify things and not use nagy's concepts any more. You end up keeping the terminology but reduce the playbook and sub packages by 2/3. Let the players play fast and think less.

And then ride it out, and if you are Pace, pray that making this decision, even if it pisses off George McCaskey in the moment, pays off dividends for you, if not with the Bears than with another NFL team who, if the Bears immediately improve post move, would think the issue wasn't with Pace, but with a terrible ownership group.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pace treats draft picks like he has a bag of pennies at the mall fountain. He has consistently kicked the can down the road in terms of the salary cap. He has had zero success finding stability with the most important position in sports. Oh, and he also has a losing record as the "Football Guy" for the Bears.

There's no spinning that. I don't care how many 5th or 6th round picks he's hit on.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whatever happens, it won't be this week or next but another national TV embarrassment at Pitt coupled with the bye week following....that just may be the time. Gives whoever they deem the interim guy two weeks to either add or subract.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I don't think it is really about fixing things, I just want Nagy's QB killing game plans as far away from Fields as possible. Let someone that knows they are just HC for 10 games work at just getting Fields better, not the guy trying to prove his genius has been thwarted by Trubisky, Daniel,Foles, Dalton,...

Who figured Richard Bisaccia, a lifetime ST coach, would suddenly make the Raiders and Carr who looked to be flagging into an AFC force to be reckoned with?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace treats draft picks like he has a bag of pennies at the mall fountain. He has consistently kicked the can down the road in terms of the salary cap. He has had zero success finding stability with the most important position in sports. Oh, and he also has a losing record as the "Football Guy" for the Bears.

There's no spinning that. I don't care how many 5th or 6th round picks he's hit on.
You mean Trevis Gipson having 2 sacks in 7 games isn't enough to qualify him as a good drafter?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would have to imagine pace is in the hot seat as well and firing nagy will only lead to an interim coach midseason. Do you really want to see lazor or desai at head coach? Not worth it in my opinion. Just wait until next season.
I would let Bill Murray be the interim coach if it meant that Nagy never gets to go near Justin Fields again.

I'm honestly concerned about the damage that Nagy is doing to not only Fields, but to the rest of the team. He is beyond inept. I think he's dangerous.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
This no-balls org isn't going to suddenly grow a pair of balls.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw it when reading about Smith on a Bucs page.

The 7th-year lineman has improved every game this season, and every year of his career.

Name a Bears player who can say the same.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don’t believe it’s entirely up to Pace though.