Thomas Jones reflects on 2006 NFC Championship

Bust

Liked Posts:
One championship would have changed it all for that team . . . ugh.

Olin Kreutz said Thomas Jones was the unsung leader in the room . . . woah

mecha

Liked Posts:
I liked the part where Grossman completed 8 passes the entire game and they just decided to run the ball with Jones 10 times in a row. and won. it's too bad that game couldn't have been the ending of that season, it was perfect.

jive

Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones was the hot chick that cooked dinner, did laundry, and helped you sleep real good at night. Unfortunately, somebody talked you into dumping her for some transvestite with an adams apple the size of Texas.

I remember when I was at a bar and shouted "No!" when the Benson pick was announced. I was livid, thinking that it was a waste of a draft pick. It was worse, it was an addition that subtracted from the team. We already had TJ, and he was still performing well. First the holdout from Benson was a distraction, and then him being in training camp was a distraction. In the end, we had to trade him and all we got was to move up a few spots in the draft for one of our best offensive players and team leaders. Benson never performed at TJs level, and his draft pick and roster spot could have been better used on someone else.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Benson over Rodgers

Hope we get a gm that smart this time.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was so pissed when they gave up on Thomas Jones and even more so when they drafted Bumson... Went from a true professional RB to one of the worst Bears RB's of all time. I was at the SB and the fumble sealed our fate. What bad memories from the past. I heard some saying recently we should bring back Angelo... Please, never ever think that is a good idea... Anyone who even thinks Angelo was good surely did not witness the Jones > Bumson transition. Fuck Jerry Angelo!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones was the hot chick that cooked dinner, did laundry, and helped you sleep real good at night. Unfortunately, somebody talked you into dumping her for some transvestite with an adams apple the size of Texas.

I remember when I was at a bar and shouted "No!" when the Benson pick was announced. I was livid, thinking that it was a waste of a draft pick. It was worse, it was an addition that subtracted from the team. We already had TJ, and he was still performing well. First the holdout from Benson was a distraction, and then him being in training camp was a distraction. In the end, we had to trade him and all we got was to move up a few spots in the draft for one of our best offensive players and team leaders. Benson never performed at TJs level, and his draft pick and roster spot could have been better used on someone else.
Classic JA move

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Loved Jones, a classic good guy that worked hard and I agree that he deserved more than we gave him. Dang I havent thought of him in a while.

Now I guess it is time to relive some good memories.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Dang I havent thought of him in a while.

Loser of Superbowls are forgotten in time . . .

We didn't know it yet but Lovie Smith is the greatest headcoach in bear history. Had the bears won <the monsoon fucked them up> that team would get more recognition.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Loser of Superbowls are forgotten in time . . .

We didn't know it yet but Lovie Smith is the greatest headcoach in bear history. Had the bears won <the monsoon fucked them up> that team would get more recognition.
Dude I hate to be an "if only if only" kind of fan, but that game is different entirely if we have either Harris or Brown available.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Dude I hate to be an "if only if only" kind of fan, but that game is different entirely if we have either Harris or Brown available.
Definitely Mike Brown. He was the leader on defense. And Reggie Wayne wouldn’t have been wide open. Been searching for Browns replacement for a long time now.