Trevis Gipson

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Friendly reminder that everyone was on Bilal Nichols nutsack last year and while not bad.... he hasn't become the ProBowl player many were hoping for. My point being.... let's not crown his ass just yet.
Not everyone

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I thought Nichols would break out this year because he got to exclusively play DE instead of having to play out of position at NT last year for Goldman. He got 5 sacks last year and I predicted he would get 8 this season. Not pro-bowl but I thought he would really come on in the pass rush. Never materialized.

Still a solid player for where he was drafted but I don't see us signing him to a large contract.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But even then, who’s lining up for that contract on a player that age who hasn’t been able to stay on the field the past couple years?

Especially when, for now, the pre franchise tag list of soon-to-be available edge rushers won’t cost big money or draft picks?

Y’all are far more optimistic than me. I see a slightly less shitty Julius Peppers situation.
He started 16 games the two seasons before this one.

17 Mil is not terrible for an edge guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How quickly you people forget. Yes, a ton. There were vids of him in training camp talking about getting paid this year. He was supposed to be a big ascending player this year. One of Pace's late round "hits".

From a Bears article:

"Looking to build on a breakout year, Bears defensive lineman Bilal Nichols has set lofty goals for the 2021 season.
"All-Pro and winning the Super Bowl," Nichols said. "
You mean he set big goals for himself? Ya don't say....SMDH.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Friendly reminder that everyone SOME PEOPLE was on Bilal Nichols nutsack last year and while not bad.... he hasn't become the ProBowl player many were hoping for. My point being.... let's not crown his ass just yet.

There, ya bastards happy now? SOME PEOPLE.

SOME people?

Why you discriminating? Dats Racist!

:ROFLMAO:

:parrot:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Nichols was playing out of position in 2020 and still had a career year. With Eddie Goldman returning after opting out last season, Nichols is able to slide back to his more natural position at defensive end. Double-digit sack numbers are not out of the question with Nichols. If he continues to improve rushing the passer and stays stout in the run game, 2021 should be the first of many Pro Bowl appearances for Nichols.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's from August 2020.
No shit. That's my point. People were thinking Nichols was this up and coming player. He plateaued. That's all I'm saying about Gipson. Let's just hold off a bit before trading players and shit to make way for him.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No shit. That's my point. People were thinking Nichols was this up and coming player. He plateaued. That's all I'm saying about Gipson. Let's just hold off a bit before trading players and shit to make way for him.

Honestly we don't need to trade shit - we're going to lose 27 players to being out of contract. Roster-wise, anyone incoming has the flexibility to remake the roster how they see fit.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly we don't need to trade shit - we're going to lose 27 players to being out of contract. Roster-wise, anyone incoming has the flexibility to remake the roster how they see fit.
If you're not going to make a Super Bowl run in the next two years it makes sense to get what you can get for some older players. So it depends on what timetable the new GM has.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you're not going to make a Super Bowl run in the next two years it makes sense to get what you can get for some older players. So it depends on what timetable the new GM has.

I would agree. But whomever is coming in has that leverage. I wouldn't hate though a trade of Mack and Quinn if you can find some takers for those absurd contracts....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you got one person that made the thread thinking he was gonna make the pro bowl and then a bunch of posts from people that disagree with him about Nichols making the pro bowl. Great find BlahBlah. Lol

I'm not going to post every article, thread or tweet about the subject. Plenty thought he was an up and coming player and you know it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know this is wishful thinking and Pace should be fired but do you really expect the FO to have the know how to try and find another gm? And the notion of kicking Pace upstairs and hiring Champ Kelly as gm is just the status quo to me.

Id rather have pace hire the next GM than teddy or george.

Least pace knows football somewhat and has been around plenty of top executives.

I still don't think pace is going anywhere. He's gonna point to the last few drafts and the potential of fields as why he should stick around.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I would much rather get rid of an injury riddled Mack at this point, than Quinn tbh....

If you're going to do a rebuild, that makes perfect sense for both the Bears and Mack.

The problem might be his contract, and teams being willing to take it on in light of his somewhat limited availability. Something would have to be worked out there in order to move him...And because of that, the Bears won't be in a position to receive anywhere near the compensation in exchange for him that they doled out to acquire him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Id rather have pace hire the next GM than teddy or george.

Least pace knows football somewhat and has been around plenty of top executives.

I still don't think pace is going anywhere. He's gonna point to the last few drafts and the potential of fields as why he should stick around.

The TE who can't catch or the CB that can't get INT's? Or the CB that's benched or the OT that has been injured all year?