White Sox Offseason Thread

dennehy

Liked Posts:
May as well consolidate.

$16mil option exercised on Kimbrel, with rumors that he will be traded.

$6mil option declined on Cesar Hernandez, unsurprising.

No Qualifying Offer to Rodon, which probably means the Sox don't trust his health moving forward and or typical cheap behavior on starting pitchers from Jerry et all.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Might not be a bad idea to play this same exact game with Rodon as we did last year.

Either let someone way overpay him as a #1 guy, then see him struggle to stay healthy.

Or no one pays him like that, and you pay him again, maybe a 2 year deal this time, more money for him, but still very team-friendly.

Maybe consider moving him to a bullpen role if his arm tires out in a starter role.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might not be a bad idea to play this same exact game with Rodon as we did last year.

Either let someone way overpay him as a #1 guy, then see him struggle to stay healthy.

Or no one pays him like that, and you pay him again, maybe a 2 year deal this time, more money for him, but still very team-friendly.

Maybe consider moving him to a bullpen role if his arm tires out in a starter role.
They are salivating to steal Rodon over in the Cubs forum.

They think they can win a world series with 3 major leaguers and Rodon.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They are salivating to steal Rodon over in the Cubs forum.

They think they can win a world series with 3 major leaguers and Rodon.
As a cubs fan…it’s a hard pass on Rodon IMO

there’s really only two guys posting positively on Rodon over there…and let’s just say they aren’t the best representations cubs fans can offer lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
@CSF77 could you inform people nobody really wants rodon other than you. Btw are you still offering him 7 years $140 million or whatever the original offer was

I would love him but 140M is a huge risk.

If I'm Jed and dealing with Boras. 2 years with a lock in on innings pitched over those 2 years. If he AVG's over 150 each season the contract seals. If he falls short the Cubs open up a buy out clause.

140M for a guy with his talent is fine. His injury track record any team is going to have clauses going on.

Here is the thing: Some one will pay him. Those numbers were not a fluke.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that guy got lost in a pile of titties and tigers or something.

Verlander?

This team needs Kopech, Cease, and the 6'8" 100 mph freak in the bullpen to step up. And Kimbrel/Hendricks to stop playing mumbly peg in the bullpen during the seventh inning stretch.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marte would sure be great for us and complete the outfield.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting.

I'm impressed that they doubled down on need for reliever after Kimbrel blew up in their face.

Whatever happens with that this says by God damn we gonna have our back-end shut.

Team is evolving a playoff formula.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The White Sox aren't going to pay $175m/7 seven years for a 33 year old second baseman. Although of course it would be great to have Semien I can't blame them for that.

Although with the contracts that are being handed out so far I'm ready for a disappointing offseason.