Who Were You Wrong About This Year?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought Fields would be better.

I thought Vildor would not be the worst CB in the NFL.

I thought Jackson would not be ass.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought Fields would be better.

I thought Vildor would not be the worst CB in the NFL.

I thought Jackson would not be ass.
Fuckin jackson

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Mustipher would cement the OC position going forward after a proper off season with Olin and the boys, silly cunt!!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was right about Mac Jones and the Bears being horrible. I was wrong about Quinn and the Buffalo Bills. I thought the Bills would be 1 loss tops this year.
Think the Pats proved last night that all they need is a QB who isnt fucking awful like Newton to win. Jones wasn’t even a game manager last night, he was just a body

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if I was wrong about Edwards or just lazy. I took everyone's word for it when they said he was a great depth signing.

Also after preseason I thought Ogletree was going to be the defensive comeback player of the year

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson and Quinn for opposite reasons.

I also thought Fields and Kmet would both be better than they have shown.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am expecting some how-hanging fruits to go for the low-hanging fruit in this thread but I'll start:

I thought Mac Jones wouldn't be very good!

Not gonna lie... I thought he was going to be awesome in the right system (like the Pats) because of his accuracy, touch and anticipation.... but he's white, so I was like... boooooring....

I thought Fields was somehow going to make the offense better because I was delusional enough to think that Nagy would finally be smart enough to tailor an offense to play to his strengths (because if he didn't, he knew he would 100% be fired and I didn't think he was dumb enough to continue down that path).... Fool me once... shame on you.... fool me twice? ugh...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think the Pats proved last night that all they need is a QB who isnt fucking awful like Newton to win. Jones wasn’t even a game manager last night, he was just a body

I think that is true for last night with that weather. I don't think that is as true in a better weather event or a dome. The week before NE threw 32 times the week before that 26. And they have put up 50+ points a couple times this year already. I find it a bit hard to believe that the position that everyone on here considers to be "the most important position on the field" can just be a body for the Patriots to be the current #1 seed.

But as you said, for last night it certainly was the case.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Cole Kmet

Never thought he’d be Kittle or Kelce but thought he’d at least take a step towards being a Kyle Rudolph/Heath Miller type, and he just looks frequently lost/unable to track when the balls in the air going towards him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Vildor would take a nice step forward.

I thought Mac Jones would be just OK based on the system and organization situation he was landing in. But he is a lot better than I thought. I kind of wrote him off as a product of being surrounded by great talent at Alabama. But I'm probably wrong on that.
Didn't think he would be great but I'm with you on Vildor being serviceable because you would assume it's what allowed the Bear to release Fuller and then Trufant. I thought Trufant was a mistake at the time. He has size and a cheap insurance policy. It's CB. Vet rps aren't needed. It's not like Fuller's been good this year either but couldn't have been worse than Vildor.

I thought Mustifer would be more stout after an offseason that he worked on strength and bulking up. Apparently he's forgotten how to snap as well. Probably has small hands.

I said after the draft that 2 last two QBs in the 1st round could become the best as easily as the 1st 2. They're really hard to project. NE is handling Mac perfectly and part of that is only letting him throw 3 times in that wind last night. So much comes down to good game plans and schemes that accomodate.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, Jimmy Graham wtf. Given his TD production last year and deciding to bring him back I thought he would get more than 4 snaps a game and be a factor in the red zone. What a waste
I think we all felt that one a waste. Horsted could do what Graham has. Even those that accepted the Fuller thing thought that losing Graham would have been the better option.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was wrong about @dabears70 not being a soppy pussy. He's like herpes, he just never goes away. He's a plague to CCS and constantly derails threads with his crying.
tom-hiddleston-omg.gif

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that is true for last night with that weather. I don't think that is as true in a better weather event or a dome. The week before NE threw 32 times the week before that 26. And they have put up 50+ points a couple times this year already. I find it a bit hard to believe that the position that everyone on here considers to be "the most important position on the field" can just be a body for the Patriots to be the current #1 seed.

I think PrideisBears still has a point. If the Pats didn't have great special teams and a great defense they would not have been able to run the ball 43 times and win. Their entire team is built to win. This isn't the Chiefs of last year that had no defense. New England is well coached and a complete team. Jones might go on to be better than what he is but he is clearly being helped out significantly. That's what good teams do though.

Dak Prescott, 13 wins as a rookie, defense ranked 5th in points allowed
R.Wilson, 11 wins as a rookie, defense ranked 1st in points allowed
Flacco, 11 wins as a rookie, defense ranked 3rd in points allowed
Lamar Jackson, 10 wins as a rookie, defense ranked 2nd in points allowed
Dalton, 9 wins as a rookie, defense ranked 9th in points allowed
Orton, 10 wins as a rookie, defense ranked 1st in points allowed
Mac Jones, 9 wins currently as a rookie, defense ranked...........1st in point allowed

There is clearly a trend here with rookie QBs that succeed early. Elite defenses help.....a lot.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean how many games do they play in 50 MPH winds? You can't apply any long term thinking to Mac or the Pats from that game.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Exactly.