A foles stat that made me take a pause....

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2018(The only year he qualified for advanced metrics), His intended air yards and yards(per attempt) were the lowest in the league, and his average yards to the stick(per attempt) in 2018 were the second lowest in the league. Sandwiched in-between Cody Kessler and C.J. Beathard .

Checkdown Charlie

I'm sure he will still outperform mitch pretty easily, but all of you expecting a giant leap....dunno. Small sample size as well, Only ~200 throws.

Maybe Pegger can give more insight into these numbers, but every QB i've seen with a consistently low IAY/Yards to the Sticks has been either a system QB or not good at all. Wentz was much much better in both categories(Same with mitch) so I'm assuming it's not just the eagles system.

Just sayin...don't expect miracles. Do expect more bubble screens tho.

I agree... I don’t expect anything spectacular from Foles just the basics like reading defenses, correct play\line audibles, play clock awareness, defense offsides free play awareness, stepping up in the pocket, correct footwork & hitting wide open receivers. Just the basics that’s all we’re asking for now. However, It would be nice to see the Bears organization get serious about offense & bring in a top flight franchise QB & playmakers.

Sigh...

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
In an effort to show how far we've come and how lucky we were to get Foles. Here's Orton and Foles hoisting their prospective trophies.

hi-res-78841b51cb4a540c3b6ab85c50287e40_crop_north.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

This is Foles SIXTH team..he's an awesome human and a great story but just as we've seen good mitch/bad mitch....we will see good nick/bad nick...i think Bears fans are in denial that there's a bad Nick

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just hope he starts well enough to give Mitch some learning time on the bench. I always expected Mitch to finish the season for one reason or another but if Foles starts all the games, it could only mean good things for the Bear.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Here is a quick take. On paper, for the most part, Foles and Trubisky are flawed quarterbacks. But, I believe either one of them can be successful enough for this team if Nagy can his visor out of his ass and put together a proper offense. Joe Montana at his best couldn't have done much with that crap show last year. We like as fans to think if we only had this player or that player everything would be fine. I really don't think that is it on offense, Coach Nagy did not not do even a poor job last year. It was abysmal.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Here is a quick take. On paper, for the most part, Foles and Trubisky are flawed quarterbacks. But, I believe either one of them can be successful enough for this team if Nagy can his visor out of his ass and put together a proper offense. Joe Montana at his best couldn't have done much with that crap show last year. We like as fans to think if we only had this player or that player everything would be fine. I really don't think that is it on offense, Coach Nagy did not not do even a poor job last year. It was abysmal.
I'm not defending every play that Nagy called, but tell me what plays you would have called if the QB either missed the wide open Receiver or did not even see him? Or if your rookie RB was being hit in the backfield on nearly every single play?

I know that the HC is responsible for the entire team, and therefore responsible for for the poor offensive play.

But honestly, what play was Nagy going to call that forced Trubisky to see the open receiver and deliver the ball on time and accurately. Or what play was Nagy going to call that made the Oline block better.

I imagine there was more than a few times last year when Nagy looked at his play sheet and said to himself, "I don't think Trubisky can pull this off", WTF am I going to call....

I think Nagy was actively wanting to get Foles because he wants a QB that works well within his system, because Trubisky is simply not catching on.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I agree, but wentz was much more successful with the same exact supporting cast that year. Obviously wentz is the far better qb, but the gap was surprising.

Just kinda worried me.

Hopefully nagy doesn't decide to make this offense even less vertical than 2019 to play to foles strengths.

I’m English and I’ve seen rugby teams with a more vertical passing game than last year’s Bears. The question is whether that’s what Nagy wants to do or he just doesn’t trust Trubisky to throw downfield.

I have to think the latter as it’s nothing like the way Reid and KC play the game.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyway ya cut it, the BEARs having Foles and Trubisky as an option is way better than Chase and Mitch OR the Giraffe and Mitch

Hopefully the Oline improves and the TE position is transformed

Liked Posts:
With this D a ball control offense would be perfect. Keeping the D fresh and eliminating the amount of times the opponent has the ball could cause the opponent to press and turn the ball over.

msadows

Liked Posts:
With this D a ball control offense would be perfect. Keeping the D fresh and eliminating the amount of times the opponent has the ball could cause the opponent to press and turn the ball over.

So while post #1 highlighted some alerting advanced statistics about big dick nick, there is one stat from the past two years that is very encouraging based on how pathetic our oline was last year.

"Foles had a passer rating of 90.6 on plays when he was pressured during the 2018 season, according to Pat Thorman of Pro Football Focus. That was the best in the NFL of the 38 quarterbacks with enough passes under pressure to qualify. "

Deadly.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All Foles needs to do is find the open guy beyond his first read and he will best Mitchell x10.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I’m English and I’ve seen rugby teams with a more vertical passing game than last year’s Bears. The question is whether that’s what Nagy wants to do or he just doesn’t trust Trubisky to throw downfield.

I have to think the latter as it’s nothing like the way Reid and KC play the game.
This just shows you how much most Americans understand Rugby :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, no one responded and I thought it was hilarious!!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This just shows you how much most Americans understand Rugby :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, no one responded and I thought it was hilarious!!

I thought it was funny! No forward passes allowed. Great sport, those guys are nuts!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread aged like a dried shit for some people