A little perspective on Gould...

KPBears

Liked Posts:
I know almost everyone is calling for his head. And maybe it is time for a change. But regardless of his last 2 games, before he's replaced, shouldn't the Bears have an equal or (preferably) better replacement, or legitimate prospect, lined up? I'm all for going young and looking at the future, but cutting a guy, particularly one who has been very good for a long time, with no adequate replacement, makes no sense. And chances are the next Bears kicker will be nowhere near as good as Robbie has been. Again, I'm not saying the Bears have to keep him, but cutting him just to satisfy the blood lust of idiot fans will not be productive.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I know almost everyone is calling for his head. And maybe it is time for a change. But regardless of his last 2 games, before he's replaced, shouldn't the Bears have an equal or (preferably) better replacement, or legitimate prospect, lined up? I'm all for going young and looking at the future, but cutting a guy, particularly one who has been very good for a long time, with no adequate replacement, makes no sense. And chances are the next Bears kicker will be nowhere near as good as Robbie has been. Again, I'm not saying the Bears have to keep him, but cutting him just to satisfy the blood lust of idiot fans will not be productive.

Pretty sure they have a couple rookie kickers on the roster in case of this exact situation.

Some say it's a waste of roster spots but you never know.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you fear we may pick up a kicker who misses game tying and game winning FGs to replace Gould with?

We should just save the money and make MEGAPUNT to kick FG

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
CCS taught me that everyone has a strong opinion but most of them should never be heard.

ys7uIs1jT3q3DQeNSCBN_NFL%20Wonder%20Woman.gif

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's some perspective in the other direction - after starting the season 17 for 17, Gould is 9 for 15 since.

This is more than just a two week problem ...

Madden

Liked Posts:
Has anything changed with the holder? Maybe holding the ball at a weird angle? It seems like a couple inches of difference could alter the kick drastically.

LACES OUT

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can miss field goals.

I can consistently not get the ball into the end zone on kick offs.

I can also convert 0% of my onside kick attempts.

I will do it for 75k.

I was surprised when they showed Gould was the worst with average starting position at 26 yards on Kick offs

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

yeah- I dont see any good kickers in the draft coming up, so forget about drafting a kicker.
Besides, Gould went to a pro bowl 10 years ago- he has potential.
There are bigger needs on this team.
Gould didnt let washington run all over the field.
If he didnt have to deal with so many coaching changes, he would be really good.
If the RBs were not always brought down by their shoelaces, the kicks would be closer and easier.

Am I doing excuses right?

engbear

Liked Posts:
Seemed as though he tried to hang it out to the right and use the wind to draw it back in. Problem is it looked like there was no right to left wind.
Got too cute when low on confidence.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look man all great players come to an end. I will never bash Gould. He is one of the all time greats, and has been one of our most consistant Chicago Bears. He will always be a great Bear. But it may be time to move on. Last week was a tough pill to swallow but this week was icing on the cake. When its your time its your time. He costing us games and its time to move on. I'm still a Gould fan he's one heck of a Bear, but its time for the next generation. The Ravens did the same thing and they took a chance on a rookie and he ended up being Justin Tucker. You can't find the next great if you don't try.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can miss field goals.

I can consistently not get the ball into the end zone on kick offs.

I can also convert 0% of my onside kick attempts.

I will do it for 75k.

Windy can write on blogs, twitter, etc on why he missed FGs like turf, wind, etc and then get money from sponsors due to popularity.