A mock draft I like....

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, going into the year with Dalton, Foles and some 3rd round QB pick will be thrilling for the fanbase. I hope Pritzker doesn't allow fans in the stands this year, as then it won't look so bad when no one shows up to the games!!!

Also, having to burn your first pick on a CB just reminds us how stupid they were with letting Fuller walk.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Trading down from 20 makes a lot of sense for the Bears.....get OT, WR, CB and QB with top 4 picks

other than davis and rumph, i would be pissed if this is the draft haul from pace...
newsome would be nice as a hometown kid but given his injury history, taking such a risk in the 1st rd is not ideal..

as for forsythe, he's a backup i dont see being developed into a starter, he has great size but is a complete project to take in the 2nd rd...
again in the 2nd with moore - another guy who has major durability issues... pass...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Forsythe, LOL at 52.

None of the guys he lists 5th round and beyond will be there at the pick he has then at, except possible Sterns.

Rondale Moore won't be there at 61 either. Dude has some injury concerns but his tape is top 15 quality.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
QB OT WR. Depends on how things fall but I suspect LT in 1 the other2 on day 2 with BPA and diamonds in the rough for other picks. Middle backer would be nice if somebody falls. The LT in the OP is out there. Big reach.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yikes on that OT. I didn't even know he declared for the draft. He's not on draft network or a few other sites. There's about 15 guys I'd take over him in that 2nd round range. But overall, it's probably close to something the Bears will do.

According to Biggs, he thinks they are going WR & CB early. The CB value is better in the 1st round than it is in the 2nd, and WR value is better in the 2nd, especially in the slot. Biggs called CB with one of the 2nds last year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Pace trades down I see it with the second round pick not the first.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yikes on that OT. I didn't even know he declared for the draft. He's not on draft network or a few other sites. There's about 15 guys I'd take over him in that 2nd round range. But overall, it's probably close to something the Bears will do.

According to Biggs, he thinks they are going WR & CB early. The CB value is better in the 1st round than it is in the 2nd, and WR value is better in the 2nd, especially in the slot. Biggs called CB with one of the 2nds last year.
Last years call was a pretty obvious one. The bears had a pretty big hole on the other side of Fuller. I do agree with your value assessment.

Last edited:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I don't think the bears draft CB unless someone really drops in their lap. OT/WR/QB(#1 if their guy is there)/CB is the top choices.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless something VG falls, I wouldn't mind an extra 2nd day pick.

Norseninja

Liked Posts:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would've picked Cosmi or Jenkins, Unless both and Mayfield are there. I would've traded down 4-5 spots for an extra 2 or 3, and pick OT, WR.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would be a disaster of a draft, so I would not be surprised at all if Pace did this or a similar draft that blows