A Moment of Appreciation for the McCaskeys

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I appreciate that the few interactions I've had with George have been pleasant. I don't feel like he is completely out of touch with fans.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Obviously, you arent familiar with tax law, otherwise you wouldn't say what you said.

And I don't think picking apart your entire post is nitpicking. Once looked at, you had no substance. You intentionally misled and over exagerated what I said to rebut a point I never made.

As to the ads you get based on the sites you view, I'm not sure what to say about that. Again, my point was about accessibility to all and not some. Let me slow it down a bit:

The only real point of cheerleaders in the NFL is to objectify women for a largely male fan base. For some people, having cheerleaders will be a barrier to entry. There is no barrier to entry into fandom by not having cheerleaders. Thus, you are creating greater access.

None of this is about my personal feelings of cheerleaders or women. Rather, I'm saying, the greater good of a franchise is served by not having them. Which is the question the owner should be asking.

And, to be doubly clear, I'm not saying they make the best business decisions. Does Jerry Jones have better business sense then the McCaskeys*? Absolutely. But I can tell you, again, that he'd be better served if he also got rid of cheerleaders.

There are probably things all owners can do to maximize profitability.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
What thing possessed by the McCaskeys are we appreciating?

The McCaskey's home?

The McCaskey's business?

The McCaskey's penchant for non-football executives?
Fixed it for you

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe you think they're cheap, maybe you think they are stuck in the past, or maybe you think they're bad business owners. And you may be right. But let's take a moment to appreciate a few things:

• Their stance on social justice was and is perhaps the best stance any NFL team has taken to date;
  • They are not parties to any corporate scheme that has ended in mass casualties or conspiracy (See Jets and Johnson and Johnson and I'm sure we could find a litany more);
  • They have not found themselves indirectly linked to paedophilia (See Saints);
  • They are not Jerry Jones, who has clearly been involved with prostitution; and
  • They are not whatever the hell is about to fully shake out with the team from Washington (aside from that calendar/prostitution cheerleader thing from a few years back). And, nothing like that would be condoned by the Bears.
Some of you may wish the "Honey Bears" would come back. I will go on record and say I do not. The purpose of cheerleading at that level is to objectify women. And that makes it harder for some people to support the team. It doesn't make it harder for anyone who misses them to watch because that's not why they were watching.

And that's really the point of this thread: Let's take a moment to appreciate the McCaskey's for what they are. They are an ownership group focused only on the Bears and a group that makes it easier for everyone to be a Bears fans. Maybe they could use some help expanding their brand, but outside of that, I don't think they get enough credit. They are trying and doing so without being assholes.

Keep your feel good attitude to yourself........don't you realize you should be mad about things.....

There's nothing worse than just a little bit of positivity...

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously, you arent familiar with tax law, otherwise you wouldn't say what you said.

And I don't think picking apart your entire post is nitpicking. Once looked at, you had no substance. You intentionally misled and over exagerated what I said to rebut a point I never made.

As to the ads you get based on the sites you view, I'm not sure what to say about that. Again, my point was about accessibility to all and not some. Let me slow it down a bit:

The only real point of cheerleaders in the NFL is to objectify women for a largely male fan base. For some people, having cheerleaders will be a barrier to entry. There is no barrier to entry into fandom by not having cheerleaders. Thus, you are creating greater access.

None of this is about my personal feelings of cheerleaders or women. Rather, I'm saying, the greater good of a franchise is served by not having them. Which is the question the owner should be asking.

And, to be doubly clear, I'm not saying they make the best business decisions. Does Jerry Jones have better business sense then the McCaskeys*? Absolutely. But I can tell you, again, that he'd be better served if he also got rid of cheerleaders.

We need Honey Bears. Man up.. Maybe they will throw in a few guys for you. lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
good to know the McCaskey's aren't out raping, harassing, not payin' hookers, snorting coke with hired staff members, telling people to STFU, running inside jokes and whatnot.
people just loves to bitch about anything don't y'all?
I'm happy they own and run one of the top and most well known football team, A team that has BEARS fan everywhere..it's endless.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Virginia lives in a very modest house and is truly a loving, caring good person.....for real, I used to think it was stupid to not have cheerleaders but as I get older....I mean shit just read about the Redskins....watch the dallas cowboy cheerleader show on whatever channel...they treat these girls like chit....Virginia was WAY ahead of her time

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Them cheerleaders want to be cheerleaders. They are not forced into it. The NFL is entertainment and cheerleaders are there to entertain when the game is at break. The few who do not like the cheerleaders would be replaced by the thousands that do. Yes they are objectified but that is what they want. They want to be looked at and judged on their looks. There is zero reason to pitty them.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Most strippers don't want to strip but need the money. Cheerleaders don't do it for the money they do it for the attention.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Virginia lives in a very modest house and is truly a loving, caring good person.....for real, I used to think it was stupid to not have cheerleaders but as I get older....I mean shit just read about the Redskins....watch the dallas cowboy cheerleader show on whatever channel...they treat these girls like chit....Virginia was WAY ahead of her time
Nice avatar. LOL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good people.

Shit owners.

They don’t win anything.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't have anything against the McCaskeys. They are apparently good people. They aren't very good at running a professional football team.

I would think it is possible to be a good person and run a successful professional team but that isn't the case with the McCaskeys.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Trust me, I’m fully aware of tax law and how the IRS works. You are trying to pick a nit while missing the point. And that’s ok.
Regarding your stance on the HoneyBears and the cheerleaders being objectified....if you have strong feelings about that topic then I would question your support and association with this site that relies heavily on adds from Manscape and various dating web sites with barely clothed women that do just that. Be careful when voicing a stance about something when hypocrisy will always be examined.

You know that the ads for the site are targeted based on YOUR browsing habits right sir?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Honest question how many people do you think refuse to watch a sport that has cheer leaders?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Honest question how many people do you think refuse to watch a sport that has cheer leaders?
More then would refuse to watch the sport due to an absence of cheerleaders.