A short analASSysis of Moore and some of his time with the Panthers

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Their online looks to be decent. Might actually be better than the bears.
Might look better than the Bears, a team that is looking for 3 starters?

Now if you had said "might actually look better than the Eagles", that would mean something.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Might look better than the Bears, a team that is looking for 3 starters?

Now if you had said "might actually look better than the Eagles", that would mean something.
Even then I don’t think will happen. The Bears are going shopping for a new o line. That group will be much improved this season.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Think the Panthers will surprise people this year. Won't be a top 10 draft pick more around 15-16.
Curious why/how you think they will surprise people. New coaching staff with literally no one on offense to put up points consistently.

Reactions: Myk

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Still some decent pieces. Good defensive pieces and an easy schedule.
Defense yes, but defense won’t put up points consistently. Their offense this season will be one of the worst in the league.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Think the Panthers will surprise people this year. Won't be a top 10 draft pick more around 15-16.
I find it a stretch to think a team will surprise when nobody even knows who the starting qb will be. Obviously they are drafting one at #1 but nobody knows how he'll play in year 1 assuming he plays at all as it's possible they sit him for most or all of this year if they believe that's the best way to develop him.

Reactions: Myk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Even then I don’t think will happen. The Bears are going shopping for a new o line. That group will be much improved this season.
Yes, but my comment was about Carolina's offensive line possibly being better than the 2022 Bears offensive line.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I find it a stretch to think a team will surprise when nobody even knows who the starting qb will be. Obviously they are drafting one at #1 but nobody knows how he'll play in year 1 assuming he plays at all as it's possible they sit him for most or all of this year if they believe that's the best way to develop him.
There is zero chance the Panthers trade a package for the #1, draft the QB they believe is the best, and then sit him behind the trash that got them here. Zero. Nobody s going to learn from Sam Darnold.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
All years are great but I really like the 2020 year. 1,193 yards off of 66 catches. That’s fucking impressive with just 66 catches. And he played 15 games that year, not 16.

1678639859179.jpeg

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

It's an extremely big stretch to be making those kind of claims even before FA has happened.

At this point they finish 9th worst and got rid of their best WR and gave away some draft picks. They're reasonably expected to be starting a rookie QB. There's no reason to expect them to improve this year at least not until what happens in FA is known. They could get a good WR and the QB could be good, but it's a little to early to call it now.

At least for the Bears we know the players and cap space is available to improve the team where it needs it. Plus us improving the WRs is already known.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Separation.

Don't worry, we can train that out of him. :oops:

No really. That's why I think he could be what I would call a real #1 if Fields can do his part. Even if we do the usual to WRs he's got the speed and moves he still has to be better at separation than most of what we've had.
Hopefully this staff trains better than others and he doesn't lose any of his ability to separate. If he pulls double teams that makes all the offense instantly better.

His consistency tells me he has yet to meet the QB who can push his limits. Come on Fields, now is your time to prove it.

Bears fans also know the feeling of all that unflagged PI. Moore will feel right at home.

Wait, it's 1 & 2? That's destiny.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit, I'm not sure I'd call D.J. Moore a clear #1 either, but he balances out the WR corps very nicely now. Actually can come down with those 50/50 balls that Fields rarely throws so far in CHI (and for good reason).

Main reason: only 4.55 receptions per game. He's very explosive however, and should get more chances to eat in CHI, provided they bring in at least 3 new OL. Mooney should feast in the slot now & things might then just open up more for, well, Moore.