A woman stepped in front of a train in front of my office yesterday

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very sad and it happened about 100' from where I park. Hopefully no kids had to see it happen. I read she left a note.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-pedestrian-struck-by-metra-train-near-barrington-20151110-story.html

[h=1]Woman killed by Metra train in Barrington[/h]
A Metra train struck and killed a woman Tuesday morning in an apparent suicide in downtown Barrington, authorities said.
Barrington police said in a statement that a 52-year-old woman stepped onto the tracks at Route 59 north of Lake Cook Road at 7:17 a.m., where she was struck by an eastbound train. Emergency personnel took her to Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington, where she died from her injuries, police said.
Orlando Portillo, chief deputy coroner of Lake County, said the woman's death was being investigated as a suicide. Portillo said the woman left a note behind that was obtained by Barrington police and given to his office.
The incident slowed commuter rail service on the Union Pacific Northwest Line.
About 9:45 a.m., Metra announced on its website that train movement had been restored but that inbound and outbound trains may be operating with extensive delays.
The pedestrian was struck by inbound train No. 624 at a railroad crossing, Metra spokesman Tom Miller said.
About 7:25 a.m., all Northwest Line trains were halted near Barrington, Miller said.
About 8:30 a.m., Metra's website said that train No. 609, scheduled to arrive in Harvard at 9:25 a.m., would be the first train to operate through the Barrington station and would continue on to Harvard.
750x422
Metra and police personnel confer alongside a Metra train after it struck a pedestrian in downtown Barrington on Nov. 10, 2015. (Stacey Wescott / Chicago Tribune)

According to the Metra website, at least one outbound train stopped at Barrington was scheduled to head back inbound and make all stops into Chicago as an extra train.
Metra also said two sets of equipment trains would run express from Chicago to Des Plaines and then turn and operate as inbound trains.
The CTA honored Metra tickets on the Blue Line from Rosemont to Chicago in the hours after the incident but no longer was doing so as of about 10 a.m., according to the website.

Copyright © 2015, Chicago Tribune

by Taboola

• [h=4][/h]

• [h=4][/h]

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is it me or is suicide by train really up this year in Chicago?

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Assisted suicide should be legalized.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy did that where I am from. He went bar hopping walked down the street to the train track and just layed down waiting for the train to run him over. Effed up

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A guy did that where I am from. He went bar hopping walked down the street to the train track and just layed down waiting for the train to run him over. Effed up
Here it seems like 1-3x a week someone is killed by a train.. either Metra or CTA.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can think of a hundred better ways to off myself. Especially now that Urblock is a mod.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you must end your life, please don't do it at the inconvenience or expense of others. Go pop some pills or turn your car on in your closed garage if you absolutely don't want to live anymore. The train conductor will be forever haunted by this (despite it not being his/her fault). In addition, the train was delayed and Route 59 was closed (and if you've ever been into downtown Barrington, you know traffic is bad enough as it is).

What a coward.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can think of a hundred better ways to off myself. Especially now that Urblock is a mod.
You could try driving while watching the game like our buddy Johnny. Just trying to help. :yep:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you must end your life, please don't do it at the inconvenience or expense of others. Go pop some pills or turn your car on in your closed garage if you absolutely don't want to live anymore. The train conductor will be forever haunted by this (despite it not being his/her fault). In addition, the train was delayed and Route 59 was closed (and if you've ever been into downtown Barrington, you know traffic is bad enough as it is).

What a coward.

You're such a douche bag.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to speak ill of the dead, but what a dumbfuck.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP should have saved the woman. I'm very disappointed in him.

It happened right before I got there.
I see people driving kids around all the time in the mornings on the way to work. Taking them to school, stopping in McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts.
Traffic is ALWAYS backed up at 59 and Lake Cook Rd. with lines of cars waiting for the light to change constantly right where it happened. I sure some kid(s) saw it and are getting to counseling now.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

What a coward.

Do you really believe an individual about to end their own life takes these matters into consideration?.