Aaron Rodgers Demands Annual Re-negotiation Clause to Remain Highest Paid QB

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Report: Aaron Rodgers wants opt-out clause in next contract

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Descript...Rodgers-wants-opt-out-clause-in-next-contract

Aaron Rodgers reportedly wants an opt-out clause inserted into his next contract according to Mike Garafolo of NFL.com.

Rodgers has repeatedly said that he wants to be a Green Bay Packer for life and that he plans to play into his 40's but he also wants to be the highest paid quarterback in the league. Garafolo says Rodgers is is seeking a clause that would allow him to renegotiate his deal whenever another quarterback tops his salary. While there is no doubt he has outgrown his current seven-year, $130.75 million contract which makes him only the 10th highest paid quarterback in the league and deserves a significant raise, demanding to be the highest-paid QB at all times does not seem realistic-particularly on a small market team like the Packers. And it is doubtful the Packers would be willing to give up that much leverage as Rodgers has two years left on his current deal and the team could theoretically use the franchise tag to control his rights for two seasons beyond that. The best solution for both sides may be for Rodgers to sign a short-term extension rather than the seven-year deal he signed back in 2013.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He sounds like an arrogant asshole. I hope he bends the Packers over and signs a stupid expensive deal.
Since when has ever signing Rodgers been stupid? As long as he is with the Packer, the Bears are his bitch

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, I take back what I said. He hasn't changed at all since being drafted. Still arrogant as fuck.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good. Hope he gets it too

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
LOL, I take back what I said. He hasn't changed at all since being drafted. Still arrogant as fuck.

Why, because he’s trying to make a good business move. The NFL is a business, it’s so irksome that is “regular Joe’s” can’t relate to getting the most money he can at his job. And it’s not like he doesn’t deserve it, either.

It’s smart to start negotiations high.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Since when has ever signing Rodgers been stupid? As long as he is with the Packer, the Bears are his bitch

But not the rest of the NFL.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why, because he’s trying to make a good business move. The NFL is a business, it’s so irksome that is “regular Joe’s” can’t relate to getting the most money he can at his job. And it’s not like he doesn’t deserve it, either.

I'm all for getting as much as you can, no doubt, but how much money does one person truly need? Also, why is it so important to be the highest paid all the time? How does that help the team? Seems he's more interested in that than the actual money and it doesn't make sense as to why when you can literally sleep on hundred dollar bills.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s earned it. I hope we have this same problem with mako Mitch in a few years

That Mako paints cars? :shrug:

franchise-service-painting.png

WTF is a Mako Mitch...really?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's it Aaron sow that dissent. You will be the "highest" paid and the rest of your fellow teammates will be wondering where your head is at

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe if Rodgers could marry the top male model he wouldn’t have to have a max deal every year. Until then he should demand top dollar every year. I only hope the Packers can still afford to surround him with the talent he deserves (see 2017 Bears recievers)

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think that would be highlarious if he just opted out every year after a QB got paid higher than him and made them restart the contract at a higher amount.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Maybe if Rodgers could marry the top male model he wouldn’t have to have a max deal every year. Until then he should demand top dollar every year. I only hope the Packers can still afford to surround him with the talent he deserves (see 2017 Bears recievers)

r8GV6.gif

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should also demand that the Packers change their name from the “Greenbay Packers” to the “Greenbay Rodgers”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Sign for what you think is fair, and stop whining that you need more if someone else gets a higher salary. That's just ego, plain and simple. Sign a deal, or don't. If you want the highest salary every year, sign one year deals. Take the risk if you want the reward.