Aaron Rodgers "Don't want to be part of rebuild . . ."

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The Packers were the # 1 seed because of their defense. Look at how many players they picked off the trash heap that had career years for them. The bad news is all those guys were on 1 year deals so they aren’t gonna be playing for peanuts again. With the Packers’ cap situation, their D will suffer a big drop unless they find another horseshoe up their butt.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would be awesome if he retired and the Packers didn't get shit for him. I doubt he wants to go out though when he is still playing at this level.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder who Buck and Aikman will obsess over now?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I can just imagine the drama surrounding Rodgers and the Packers in the off season.. 100X worse than last off season ..Watching sports cable shows will be unbearable!
You can literally shut the television off if it is so disturbing to your sensibilities it's literally easy as pie just point the remote and click the off button.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
What a fragile little bitch. Throws a tantrum when he's not treated like gawd.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Don’t assume this Packer run is in the rear view mirror just yet.
While in a tough spot, I’d expect an extension for AR that will get them half way back to being cap compliant.
Cutting Z Smith, Amos and Cobb gets them the rest of the way. Not huge losses as they did quite well this year without Smith.
Resigning Adams though isn’t happening which is great. They will probably have to draft a WR with their first pick and pick up some retread that wants to play for AR on the cheap.
The back end of that AR extension is gonna be brutal on them too.
But I fully expect them to be back dominating the division again next year which sucks.

Why can't they put the franchise tag on Adams?

They do that and the have a shot next year.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Woke up… cold outside… had to walk the dogs.
Then I remembered last nights kick… and it was like walking on a nice summer day.
Thank you Robbie!
Been up since 520am and not a single "Go Pack Go" post on social media. Not one Packers fan gloating about how the team they own is the goat. Not a single stupid fucking cheesehead picture. This is how Christmas used to be when I was a kid.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Why can't they put the franchise tag on Adams?

They do that and the have a shot next year.
No where near enough cap space do that.
They would have to get multiple others on the team to restructure and back end big time. Not gonna happen.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
No where near enough cap space do that.
They would have to get multiple others on the team to restructure and back end big time. Not gonna happen.

extend rodgers - can lower his cap hit from 46 mill to whatever they want technically but lets say it goes down to 26 mill saving 20 mill in space
extend alexandar - cap hit of 13 mill to 3mill lets say saving 10 mill
cut z smith - save 15 mill
packers now under cap by ~4-5 mill
cut/extend p smith - saves another 12 mill minimum
cut amos post june - save 8 mill
cut turner post june - save 6 mill
cut cobb - save 6 mill min
pack cap space ~36 mill

tag is ~20 mill for WR

can the pack retain adams and rodgers...sure they can, its a question of their depth being filled with vet min deals.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They have a few big extensions and cuts they could make, but really no way to sign back any of their big FAs, which means Adams, Campbell, Tonyan, and I think Douglas, plus probably Lazard. Good chance with Rashan Gary finally not sucking they may release one of the Smiths too.

They could extend Rodgers but they'd have to push huge $ well into his 40s to make it worthwhile and have him on board.

They could do a bunch of other stuff to destroy their future cap but they will still have to take huge hits to other parts of their roster to keep Adams and Rodgers.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
extend rodgers - can lower his cap hit from 46 mill to whatever they want technically but lets say it goes down to 26 mill saving 20 mill in space
extend alexandar - cap hit of 13 mill to 3mill lets say saving 10 mill
cut z smith - save 15 mill
packers now under cap by ~4-5 mill
cut/extend p smith - saves another 12 mill minimum
cut amos post june - save 8 mill
cut turner post june - save 6 mill
cut cobb - save 6 mill min
pack cap space ~36 mill

tag is ~20 mill for WR

can the pack retain adams and rodgers...sure they can, its a question of their depth being filled with vet min deals.
so basically mortgage the future of the team for the next 10 years to get a team that's worse than the one they fielded this year where they were one and done. DO IT PACK!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I, for one, feel terrible for the city of Green Bay, Wisconsin and their fans.

I have no idea what its like to watch a HoF QB play for the Bears, so I definitely don't know what it feels like to be watching one leave, especially leaving with just 1 Super Bowl over a 10+ year career.

checks ear bud

I'm being told the Packers grew a cloned hybrid of Payton Manning and Brett Favre which they will now have at QB for the next 300 years.

gunshot rings out and violin begins playing