Aaron Rodgers "Don't want to be part of rebuild . . ."

Bust

Liked Posts:
Brady retires and Rodgers goes to the AFC

Bears have the best QB by default heading into next season with flores and watson

46plank

Liked Posts:
Let Rodgers come back next year. Then after the Pack don’t win again, he will walk as a FA and they get nothing ?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s a dumb argument. Players should get their money while they can, just like you or I would.

Nothing dumb about it. Only greed would dictate otherwise. He already has generational wealth.

How much money do you need to leave behind when you kick the bucket?

Especially at the expense of happiness, assuming he would like to win.

Exactly. He pulls in more money from State Farm than football so I don't know why he wouldn't do it.

All the talk about contract money & should a player max out or win....

Take a few steps back and look at the BIG PICTURE and OVERALL income including endorsements. Payton Manning STILL makes bank doing commercials after retirement because he was WELL LIKED and he WON multiple SBs.

Clearly Cheesehead nation, Chris Collinsworth, and Joe Buck's massive forehead all LOVE them some Aaron Rodgers, so what would it take for the rest of the nation to treat Aaron like Lebron? - and shower him with extra riches off the field???
A: Gotta win the big one more than once!!

IF he took less cap $$ and won more, and....
IF he wasn't such a massive douche (which tends to get worse when he loses BTW)...

...There's little doubt Aaron would make the lessened cap $$ back with even more ad $$ as a revered champion.

Short-sighted selfishness cost him the opportunity for exponential income and success.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Over on PackerForum, they’re almost unanimously glad to see Rodgers go, as if another HoF QB is going to roll in next and give them 50 straight years of HoF quarterbacking.

I think the Packer fanbase is in for a rude awakening and will quickly find out what it’s like to be an NFL team without a great quarterback.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Over on PackerForum, they’re almost unanimously glad to see Rodgers go, as if another HoF QB is going to roll in next and give them 50 straight years of HoF quarterbacking.

I think the Packer fanbase is in for a rude awakening and will quickly find out what it’s like to be an NFL team without a great quarterback.
I think they're that confident in the front office to strike lightning a third time.

A lot of them think they win so much cause the Coach is so good, where I think the Coach is benefiting from HOF QB play.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Play amateur GM and try to squeeze out $50 million in cap savings (and it's $50 million they need to free up when you take into account their estimated rookie draft class hit is $9,579,142 because they have 9 draft picks) while keeping Rodgers with this to work with:

Packers salary cap.JPG

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

They're like the one who is getting dumped saying "I didn't like him that much anyway. I can do / deserve better".

No. No, you deserve even worse in every way you entitled cunty Cheeseassfans.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Admits packers have lots of decisions to make with personnel cause a lot of guys are going to be free agents battling cap numbers.

It's over boyz. The Rodgers era has ended . . . rip

I wanted to take today and kind of digest what Rodgers said last night about "not wanting to be a part of a rebuild". Think about it...take a look at what their cap looks like as I've heard the horror stories. I can only check over the cap, sport trac and other sources so who knows....but if those are accurate as they appear- woah.

They're in this mess and face a very likely rebuild BECAUSE OF HIM. He lobbied for Bahk & Aaron Jones to be re-signed and then cried for that terrible Cobb trade.

Now that they're in such a terrible position..."Oh if you're going to be rebuild I don't want to be here"....what a guy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh look packers in cap trouble cause Rodgers annual hissy fit about being the highest paid in the league and then forcing packers to sign a bunch fucks this year

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Good thing for the Packers they have the second best QB to ever enter the league in Jordan love according to Packers fan(s) here.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Play amateur GM and try to squeeze out $50 million in cap savings (and it's $50 million they need to free up when you take into account their estimated rookie draft class hit is $9,579,142 because they have 9 draft picks) while keeping Rodgers with this to work with:

View attachment 17080
Cut: Z. Smith, P. Smith, Amos, Crosby, Cobb (LOL), Lewis

Trade Rodgers to Broncos for 1st & 3rd

Extend Jaire Alexander (lets just go hight end and give him what Jalen Ramsey got for the high end and 1st year of that contract's number was 6.2 with major escalators) SO...that would save them another approximate 7mil. This number could save even more, but we'll go with this for now.

The above moves would put them at 71,080,900 in savings and probably closer to 65 mil with the additional two draft picks (11 overall to continue to build their roster).

They could then take half of that projected 15 million left over and make Davante Adams the highest paid WR in football and also lock him up long term. (we'll use Hopkins' contract for this as his cap number was 7mil in the first year of his current richest deal in football or at least one of).

The other 7-8mil left over could be use to fill the rest of their roster from there, which is reasonable.

This scenario would let them keep their toys on offense (Jones, Dillon, DA, behind Bahk and the rest of their OL) while letting Love step in after learning for two years.

IF they really felt Love was a 1st Round pick- they should do something like this.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut: Z. Smith, P. Smith, Amos, Crosby, Cobb (LOL), Lewis

Trade Rodgers to Broncos for 1st & 3rd

Extend Jaire Alexander (lets just go hight end and give him what Jalen Ramsey got for the high end and 1st year of that contract's number was 6.2 with major escalators) SO...that would save them another approximate 7mil. This number could save even more, but we'll go with this for now.

The above moves would put them at 71,080,900 in savings and probably closer to 65 mil with the additional two draft picks (11 overall to continue to build their roster).

They could then take half of that projected 15 million left over and make Davante Adams the highest paid WR in football and also lock him up long term. (we'll use Hopkins' contract for this as his cap number was 7mil in the first year of his current richest deal in football or at least one of).

The other 7-8mil left over could be use to fill the rest of their roster from there, which is reasonable.

This scenario would let them keep their toys on offense (Jones, Dillon, DA, behind Bahk and the rest of their OL) while letting Love step in after learning for two years.

IF they really felt Love was a 1st Round pick- they should do something like this.
The above is also 61 plus million in dead money lolololol

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think they're that confident in the front office to strike lightning a third time.

A lot of them think they win so much cause the Coach is so good, where I think the Coach is benefiting from HOF QB play.
The NFC North is a weak division. The Packers have 6 wins almost every season, just playing in the division.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
question is, can the Bears take advantage?, not holding my breath
I wouldn't want him on the Bears. Great QB for sure, but Packer nation is kind of fed up and many think it is time to move on from Rogers.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Adams doesn’t want to be there unless Rodgers is. Yes, they can tag him, but he might decide to loaf like Allen Robinson with Jordan Love as his QB. Adams has to know that tag plus one year with Love means numbers crater and no big deal the following offseason.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Adams doesn’t want to be there unless Rodgers is. Yes, they can tag him, but he might decide to loaf like Allen Robinson with Jordan Love as his QB. Adams has to know that tag plus one year with Love means numbers crater and no big deal the following offseason.

I don't think the worry would be him loafing if he was tagged. Adams has pride and desire to be called the best in the league. The bigger issue is that if they extended him, they could be more creative with his cap hit. If he's tagged, it's a cap hit of probably around $19 million. No way to be creative. So that $15 million talked about before is short by probably $10 million of what's needed.

If they can't extend him, they probably can't keep him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The above is also 61 plus million in dead money lolololol

Exactly.

They are staring at a giant hole in the middle of their cap space.

Question is, do they dig it a little deeper to make one more run at a Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers?

61M in dead cap is like that giant pile of dinosaur shit in Jurassic Park.

Its gross and horrifying, yet you cannot look away.