Aaron Rodgers "Don't want to be part of rebuild . . ."

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

They are staring at a giant hole in the middle of their cap space.

Question is, do they dig it a little deeper to make one more run at a Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers?

61M in dead cap is like that giant pile of dinosaur shit in Jurassic Park.

Its gross and horrifying, yet you cannot look away.
The Packers for sure can juggle things around to keep Rodgers. But they can only do that by moving really good pieces that helped them succeed. Even if they are able to tag or sign Adams to a long term deal, the question is why would Rodgers want to be apart of a team that is worse than this years team that was not good enough?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Packers for sure can juggle things around to keep Rodgers. But they can only do that by moving really good pieces that helped them succeed. Even if they are able to tag or sign Adams to a long term deal, the question is why would Rodgers want to be apart of a team that is worse than this years team that was not good enough?

Maybe he just wants to beat another new regime in Chicago... GM, HC, QB.

He's become the Horus Slughorn of waning-years NFL QBs.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
61M in dead cap is like that giant pile of dinosaur shit in Jurassic Park.

Its gross and horrifying, yet you cannot look away.
Agreed, but then handing over another 100mil or so in bonuses to DA and Alexander in this scenario on top of that...woooofffff.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That’s a dumb argument. Players should get their money while they can, just like you or I would.
Right?

The difference between $25M and $40M is a greater fortune than most people make in a lifetime. If anyone one of us would accept $15M less for a Superbowl ring, I'd call you a saint.

Putting all that aside, with a quarter of the salary cap going to Rodgers, the rest of the 75% has often not been spent on players that make them get to the Superbowl. For the other $150M+, they aren't spending on the kind of free agents that get them over the hump, and aren't drafting the kind of weapons that take advantage of having a rare talent at QB. For all the rest of those millions, Adams is really the only other guy that makes that team compete for a championship run.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Thanks. That's a relief, hope you and others are right.
I know a lot less about the financials that a lot of you guys and that's probably why I've always thought GB was going to find a way to put the franchise tag on him or find a way to extend him so he and Rodgers have another shot.

To me, it feels like both of them are going to be back with the Packers next year. Really hope I am wrong cause I've fucking had enough.