Aaron Rodgers "Don't want to be part of rebuild . . ."

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Can someone with better cap understanding than me explain what they have to give up to keep Rodgers (assuming he restructures to a fair/slight pay cut at best)? I know Adams would go, but what else would have to happen? Could they not just do the restructuring cap Pace does and just keep kicking the can down the road?

Bust

Liked Posts:
lol at the pic. I have the troll on ignore. wont click on it. Sorry

heh, you read everything chad. you know it and i know it.

Then again you did boast to have a 8 year grudge with a poster you tend to follow and troll here. Miserable old man you must be, amirite karen?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Can someone with better cap understanding than me explain what they have to give up to keep Rodgers (assuming he restructures to a fair/slight pay cut at best)? I know Adams would go, but what else would have to happen? Could they not just do the restructuring cap Pace does and just keep kicking the can down the road?
Yep. Packers either have to give Rodgers another multi year deal or take their lumps and trade Rodgers and other players to the highest bidder/s. Then let FA go. Suck for a year or two at least and hope they hit with draft picks.

Restructuring is not possible due Rodgers only have 1 year left on contract. GB is fucked!!!!!

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Yep. Packers either have to give Rodgers another multi year deal or take their lumps and trade Rodgers and other players to the highest bidder/s. Then let FA go. Suck for a year or two at least and hope they hit with draft picks.

Restructuring is not possible due Rodgers only have 1 year left on contract. GB is fucked!!!!!
I mean I don't see why you don't give Rodgers an extension then. What else do they have to give up for it to work cap wise? They made a mistake drafting Love with Rodgers still capable of playing like an MVP, but letting Love be the reason now why you don't bring back Rodgers just seems like you are doubling down on your mistake.

Yes Rodgers has blown it numerous times, but frankly I'd rather take my chances with Rodgers going on a tear in the playoffs than banking on Love or any future QB going on a run anytime in the next decade.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I mean I don't see why you don't give Rodgers an extension then. What else do they have to give up for it to work cap wise? They made a mistake drafting Love with Rodgers still capable of playing like an MVP, but letting Love be the reason now why you don't bring back Rodgers just seems like you are doubling down on your mistake.

Yes Rodgers has blown it numerous times, but frankly I'd rather take my chances with Rodgers going on a tear in the playoffs than banking on Love or any future QB going on a run anytime in the next decade.

Feelings have to be mutual. Rodgers doesn't want to be back. This loss cemented it.

He'll get boatloads in the neighborhood of 50 million per season in free agency. No chance Packers can match that.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah it’s hard to see GB finding the money for both Rodgers and Adams, and I doubt Rodgers would stay without Adams.

that said, everyone was saying Rodgers was mad and would never play another down for GB last offseason but look how that played out…

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
One of the lesser spoken about aspects of Tom Brady's success is that he has routinely taken much less money then he could so that his teams are better. $25 mil a year, less than numerous quarterbacks and even a bunch of position players.

If Aaron Rodgers was about anything other than Aaron Rodgers he almost certainly would have won(or even been to)multiple Super Bowls. He has no one but himself to blame.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
One of the lesser spoken about aspects of Tom Brady's success is that he has routinely taken much less money then he could so that his teams are better. $25 mil a year, less than numerous quarterbacks and even a bunch of position players.

If Aaron Rodgers was about anything other than Aaron Rodgers he almost certainly would have won(or even been to)multiple Super Bowls. He has no one but himself to blame.
That’s a dumb argument. Players should get their money while they can, just like you or I would.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Rodgers will be back is my guess. I know I'm in the minority. I know it's different but there were so many who seemed to stupidly believe he wouldn't play this year. I couldn't believe people could actually think that. I think Lafleur gets Rodgers to come back and even w/out Adams, they have a chance to get him one more.

He'll be back next year and so will they.

I REALLY thought GB was going to win the SB this year so that game was just so fucking awesome.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Rodgers will be back is my guess. I know I'm in the minority. I know it's different but there were so many who seemed to stupidly believe he wouldn't play this year. I couldn't believe people could actually think that. I think Lafleur gets Rodgers to come back and even w/out Adams, they have a chance to get him one more.

He'll be back next year and so will they.

I REALLY thought GB was going to win the SB this year so that game was just so fucking awesome.
I expected the Packers to be a top team this year and again mess up in the playoffs. That’s what they do.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that is what they've mostly done.

I was so sure Rodgers was going to win his 2nd ring. Maybe he will with Denver or some other team, who knows.

Not this year though thank the fucking lord.